Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
blkvette94
blkvette94 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire HD 7 inch- 2nd gen
Authors show incorrect order

Using the Calibre library I loaded several books on my Kindle Fire HD 7 inch (second gen). The books show up based on the author's first name not the last on my kindle.
How do I get my kindle to use the author sort field instead of the author(s) field to sort my books?
Is there a setting I'm missing?
blkvette94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Preferences ==> Conversion ==> Output Options ==> mobi/azw3 Output

check the box that says "Use author sort for author"

I've always thought this should be the default, since Amazon's formats have no Author field (it uses the author_sort field and just displays it with the two parts switched around the comma) and there is no good reason to NOT want this setting applied. I tried suggesting this as a bug report but basically got told it's not a bug, it's part of the design.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote