Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: To Be Read pile: Bigger or Smaller?
Bigger 59 72.84%
Smaller 3 3.70%
About the same 7 8.64%
I haven't counted 4 4.94%
I don't have one 4 4.94%
The blue one next to the fish 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #31
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
My weak point seems to be classics I always intended to read. With pbooks I only bought them when I knew I would read them. Now when I come across one I haven't already I download it, regardless of being in the mood for it or not.
Me too. Much bigger.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:35 AM   #32
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I'm a hoarder, no question there! I also like having collection bought, even if I don't plan on reading them in the near future. If I like an author, I'll often buy all of their books. I'll read them all eventually, just not necessarily the year that I bought them.
What she said! I never was a pbook hoarder, and I had pretty much read *all* the books I owned, since I rarely bought, other than nonfiction. I was a library aficionado. But ebooks, that's a totally different story. They're so neat and wonderful and easy to hoard

(btw, I voted "blue one next to the fish" because I can never resist that category. It's a bit of a compulsion by now. What question *can't* be answered that way?!?)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:03 AM   #33
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Just out of curiosity, I checked how many books I had on my Amazon wishlist - 677!
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:08 AM   #34
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
My TBR list is always out of control, the house is full of books, the Kobo is full of books. I do get through them but sometimes I buy a whole lot and they just sit there for a while. I gave up counting years ago. I'm doing Philosophy at university next year so the TBR list will expand even more.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #35
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I expected there to be more people with growing TBR piles than shrinking. I didn't expect the ratio to be 50:1!

Wow.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #36
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I don't have a TBR pile. I just flat-out hoard.

I do put priority on starting and finishing the stuff which I went and got for specific reasons (new release by favourite author, subject matter I currently want to read all about), but aside from that, there's no particular order and I'll move onto whatever looks reasonably interesting that's on hand at the time.

Oh, and library books, since they have a time limit.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #37
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Remember what I said in post number "lucky 13" about cutting down on the freebies I download? Forget that!

I've been reading and just finished "Sandman Slim" by Richard Kadrey (which was a freebie). I enjoyed the book so much that I was searching around for other titles by him other than the Sandman sequel. Well, it turns out he has something like 48 titles for free on Feedbooks (2 novels, the rest are short stories). I downloaded them all.

Hi, my name is daffy4u and I'm an ebook hoarder.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:14 AM   #38
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Remember what I said in post number "lucky 13" about cutting down on the freebies I download? Forget that!

I've been reading and just finished "Sandman Slim" by Richard Kadrey (which was a freebie). I enjoyed the book so much that I was searching around for other titles by him other than the Sandman sequel. Well, it turns out he has something like 48 titles for free on Feedbooks (2 novels, the rest are short stories). I downloaded them all.

Hi, my name is daffy4u and I'm an ebook hoarder.
Well, short stories are always nice to have available. For when you want to read something different for a minute or two. Or when you simply only have a few minutes to spare

I need more short stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
I don't have a TBR pile. I just flat-out hoard.

I do put priority on starting and finishing the stuff which I went and got for specific reasons (new release by favourite author, subject matter I currently want to read all about), but aside from that, there's no particular order and I'll move onto whatever looks reasonably interesting that's on hand at the time.

Oh, and library books, since they have a time limit.
And this!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote