Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which eBook do you want the Book Club read for March?
The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death 6 12.24%
Against Intellectual Monopoly 2 4.08%
The Origin of Species 9 18.37%
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking 2 4.08%
The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make A Big Difference 6 12.24%
The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary 13 26.53%
A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains 11 22.45%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #76
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Has anyone besides myself actually started reading this month's Book Club eBook?
I'm about halfway through and am enjoying it, although I'm finding it hard to keep track of all of the people.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I need to spend a bit more time reading. I've too many books in the midst of being read. I plan on finishing all I have going before starting any new ones.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #78
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
This AM I finished Ur. So I flipped on my wireless, bought this months books and started reading. Not sure yet what it has to do with creating a dictionary.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #79
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
This AM I finished Ur. So I flipped on my wireless, bought this months books and started reading. Not sure yet what it has to do with creating a dictionary.

BOb
Patience my friend, patience.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #80
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:

BOb
Murder --> criminal --> sentence --> words --> dictionary.

Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 03:52 AM   #81
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I'm a little late to the game this month, just having found out which book was Voted on this month (Too much Travelling, My body clock is still a little messed up )

Anyway, whicle not free, the price was pretty resonable, as I bough it from Fictionwise and with the Member Discount + the Impress the Boss Discount ( BN2009 ) which is valid through the 15th the damage came to around $7.11 (And I'm glad I stocked up on Micropay when the £ to $ rate was still in my favour)

Anyway, will start the Book later, as I'm heading to bed now, and need to be up in a couple of Hours.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #82
nhh798
nhh798 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'll go for The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make A Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
nhh798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #83
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhh798 View Post
I'll go for The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make A Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
The March vote is cosed. We are reading The Professor and the Mad Man this month.

BOb
Old 03-17-2009, 05:09 AM   #84
Trono
Enthusiast
Trono began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
The March vote is cosed. We are reading The Professor and the Mad Man this month.

BOb
But he can do as I did - read both. Seeing as I managed to finish The Chosen One early this month - and as it was so many interesting books nominated - I've started on "Blink!", which was my first choice anyway. So far I'm enjoying it big time...
Trono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #85
Bookjunkie
Crackhouse=Bookstore
Bookjunkie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Has the April book been decided? I'm a little late for March. I've looked around a bit, but haven't seen a definitive April book. 'Course, I'm sleep deprived and may have missed it...
Bookjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #86
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookjunkie View Post
Has the April book been decided? I'm a little late for March. I've looked around a bit, but haven't seen a definitive April book. 'Course, I'm sleep deprived and may have missed it...
The nomination thread is running right now.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #87
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
When are we starting discussion? Are there any rules - or what do you usually do?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
April's Book Club nomination thread....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=book+club

And Bob, can you please close this thread now that it's obsolete?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #89
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
When are we starting discussion? Are there any rules - or what do you usually do?
I will start the discussion thread for the March book on the 22nd of the month.

No rules... just chat.

BTW: To find the book club threads go to the Reading Recommendations Forum and filter on the Book Club prefix.

BOb
Old 03-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #90
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
I will start the discussion thread for the March book on the 22nd of the month.

No rules... just chat.

BTW: To find the book club threads go to the Reading Recommendations Forum and filter on the Book Club prefix.

BOb
Thanks
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote