Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
andr2k
andr2k began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Library doesn't work, eInk side stuck with "Home" screen

Hello,

When I try to start Library I see "Loading, Please Wait..." screen only. Application freezes.

Also it is not possible to run any of the applications wirking with eInk side (Reader, Journal). It looks like eInk sid is in working condition because when device is startint it blinks, changes pictures etc..

I have console in DevTools. Is this possible to run smth to reinitialize Library or check/fix filesystem?

I have a Pocket Edge with Android 2.2. Tried to downgrade to Android 1.6 with no success

How to diagnoze the problem and fix it?
andr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Clear Memory/Refresh/Reset Eink Screen?

Eink stuck "Initializing" and library lost!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by andr2k View Post
Hello,

When I try to start Library I see "Loading, Please Wait..." screen only. Application freezes.

Also it is not possible to run any of the applications wirking with eInk side (Reader, Journal). It looks like eInk sid is in working condition because when device is startint it blinks, changes pictures etc..

I have console in DevTools. Is this possible to run smth to reinitialize Library or check/fix filesystem?

I have a Pocket Edge with Android 2.2. Tried to downgrade to Android 1.6 with no success

How to diagnoze the problem and fix it?
Gunner has given you some threads to start you looking for an answer but if you want us to try and help a little more information would be a great help.

1) Have you been able to use the library and e-ink screen before this?

2) Are you using standard Ermine for the PE or allmine for the PE?

3) If your problem started recently what was the last three apps you installed?

I could go on with the list but you should get the idea of what information is needed and it might point you to the answer to your problem.

As for you attempt to revert to 1.6, did you check that you have a good download of the golden update 1.6 zip file - try opening it, it should show several zip files. Did you also check that you renamed it to update.zip and not update.zip.zip which is a common problem when using a windows computer with default file listing set.

Last edited by ivanjt; 07-28-2012 at 05:58 AM.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Good luck and welcome to MobileRead!

Do let us know if you fix the problem.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
I had this happen twice, reinstalling the OS (similar to how Windows OS used to let you get a "clean" os by installing over an existing install) and you'll be good, but back to your original install.

Instead, use Titanium to backup everything, and within 20 min you'll be back to where you left off.

PS in the bottom of the second post, someone said its how the apps use the display memory... I delegated the two dreaded apps I had (Kindle, and I forgot the other) and haven't had issues since.

PSS you can use the free TI backup, but when restoring you'll have to hit "restore --> install --> ok" for all apps, so it'll be hitting those 3 buttons about 200 times...invest $5 for the paid, and you can automate and save backups to dropbox.

The paid app is just one text file, so I have a directory called "ForWhenItAllGoesBad" and I store the text file for the license, the APK for free TI backup (to turn free to pro you drop the license file in the apps' data folder) and copies of pocket allmine (rc3) and gapps.zip. I've had to do this twice, and the second time i figured I'd sacrifice about 150mb to make it easy/quick to fix any big problems. Just do backups every week or so, and after installing new apps (after testing and rebooting to ensure its not causing an issue). TI backup has automated backups, and can backup only the changes, so it goes real fast.

Jm

Last edited by jdm001; 08-04-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Edits: Fun typing on a PE keyboard, and spellchecks.
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert