Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-23-2008, 05:00 PM   #106
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Is this the vent and rant thread? Good. I just installed a new vent fan in the bathroom.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #107
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
pilotbob, is Vise any better? Or Bitrock? I have no idea how much they charge for their installation tools, I just noticed that some vendors use them, and wondered why.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #108
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
pilotbob, is Vise any better? Or Bitrock? I have no idea how much they charge for their installation tools, I just noticed that some vendors use them, and wondered why.
Perhaps. But, I really don't have the luxury of time to learn another tool. Then again... maybe I could redo the whole thing in less time. Bottom line, windows installs are hard. That's why alot of software's installers suck.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:29 PM   #109
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Is this the vent and rant thread? Good. I just installed a new vent fan in the bathroom.
Was it really difficult. Did you hit your thumb? Were all the specified parts of the vent actually in the box? Did it fit?

If Yes, No or No, please rant. It'll do you good...possibly.

Cheers,
Marc ("Venting prevents explosion")
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #110
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Why is writting regular expressions so damn hard!
Is it?
Anyway, Expresso helps with those somewhat.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #111
cftall
"Crackers"
cftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheese

Device: cybook 3 tung-e-2 ebookwise 1150
e-ink screens

Well here I go again , woke up this morning and turned my gen 3 on . What do I see but a black line thru my screen. My worst nightmare. Having went thru this process with my sony 500 I already know the drill, also I follow the various threads in the forums here. Lots of people obviously throwing their readers from moving vehicles and off of buildings. How else can a screen fail. I give up. Being a disabled vet on a fixed income I stopped buying books for months to be able to afford the 2 readers I purchased.THANKS is just too small a word for how I feel towards the wonderful people at Guetenburg and feedbooks , for I would surely have gone mad with out there heroic dedication to the written word.But the time has come for too many of us not to realize there are problems with these screens.I love e-ink, but I wont be buying another e-ink device any time soon.At least untill these issues are admitted to by the corp. people and addressed. I still have my ebookwise 1150 and my palm pilot.Good luck to the rest of you. C.F.Tall
cftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #112
cftall
"Crackers"
cftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheese

Device: cybook 3 tung-e-2 ebookwise 1150
JUST READ THE TOP OF THE PAGE NOT ABOUT EBOOKS OR READERS SORRY IN ADVANCE C.F.TALL
cftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #113
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
How frustrating. Is there any chance that the device is still in warranty? If so, you could have it replaced.
I'd contact Bookeen anyway, just to see what they say.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:30 PM   #114
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by cftall View Post
JUST READ THE TOP OF THE PAGE NOT ABOUT EBOOKS OR READERS SORRY IN ADVANCE C.F.TALL
Hey, it says 'Vent and rant.' That was a vent or rant. No problem. And there's NO NEED TO SHOUT!

(That was my vent and/or rant. Sorry. I feel better now. It was cathartic.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #115
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Rant: Some people think the are the threadpolice! ARGH!

BOb
Old 05-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #116
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Patricia, you're so cute when you cathart...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #117
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
cathart...
HUH? That one is NOT on dictionary.reference.com?

BOb
Old 05-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #118
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
no, i mozzled that one just for the circumstances. i have been known to take liberties with my vocabulary.

(pssst : look up "catharsis" instead)

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 05-24-2008 at 08:19 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:41 AM   #119
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Rant: Some people think the are the threadpolice! ARGH!
Well, at least it's self threadpolicing!

@cftall: I'm very sorry to hear that the black lines have got you ... again.

I also would like to thank you for your service: the word isn't adequate for that either.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #120
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
no, i mozzled that one just for the circumstances. i have been known to take liberties with my vocabulary.

(pssst : look up "catharsis" instead)
Why haven't we a mozzled thread....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness