Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
0x0x
0x0x began at the beginning.

Device: k3
ALT + TAB Calibre Icon missing (OSX)

I use ALT + TAB to switch between applications on OSX but I cannot see the Calibre Icon. I enabled show "Enable systray icon (requires restart)" but still not ALT + TAB Icon. I also see no Calibre Icon in the dock.

Any help is appreciated!

PS: Calibre and is a great piece of software, thank you! Amazon's Kindle would be crippled if there would be no Calibre!
0x0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's definitely not normal, I can see the icon both in the switcher and the dock on my OS X 10.6.2 install. Not being an OS X expert, I can't relaly tell you where to look to find the problem, but a simple first step is to delete and re-install.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
0x0x
0x0x began at the beginning.

Device: k3
I had a old version installed updated yesterday ... maybe the problem came due to the update. Will delete Calibre and all the library stuff and then reinstall. Thanks!
0x0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
cod2
cod2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Same here... Calibre not showing in the switcher and dock on OS X.

Then I found out the reason: I use Quicksilver to launch the applications and when I type 'calibre', Quicksilver executes /Application/calibre.app/Contents/console.app. Just changed the default action to execute /Application/calibre.app and now I can see the icon in the switcher and dock.
cod2 is offline   Reply With Quote