I second this request Kran!!

Thanks,

dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #17
cloud9
cloud9 began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
I have installed all these installers after having had a lot of problems.
The issue was that I have upgraded to 2.12, but I did not know that
I had to redownload the developer pack.

I have tried the full screen, however, when I pressed the up arrow for a long time
and the released. The light keeps on blinking. Can someone tell me why I
can not return to previous with the tool bar appearing at the bottom of the screen?
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2008, 09:50 AM   #18
tikitu
tikitu began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
All those interfaces...

Thanks heaps to all the developers, you guys are awesome!

I got myself instantly confused with the various long and short button presses, what mode am I in now, how does that one work again? So here are the collected interfaces of 'em all. (I've just pulled these from the various forum posts, hope they're up to date -- everything I've tried works like a charm.)

includes fullscreen
bookmarks (Mike Kostousov)
gestures (rincewind)
for editing (gmt)
fullscreen (jharker)

without fullscreen
continuous columns (alanine)
column-wise (wpd)

bookmarks
bookmark: new icon (to right of "pan")
view bookmarks: "sort" icon

fullscreen
fullscreen: long up
exit fullscreen: short escape (the top-left button, below led)
exit program: short escape (after exiting fullscreen)

continuous colums
mode: "flow" icon (continuous mode)
forward/back by columns: flip
long flip: up/down

gestures
start gesture: press for a second, then start
LEFT-UP: darker colour
LEFT-DOWN: lighter colour
RIGHT-UP: thicker pen
RIGHT-DOWN: thinner pen
RIGHT-DOWN-LEFT-UP: zoom to box
DOWN-UP: refresh

for editing
toggle fullscreen: long up
toggle scribble/viewing: long dot
toggle toolbar: long down

scribble mode:
last/next scribble: short up/down
toggle thin-black/thick-grey: short dot

viewing mode
prev/next page or link: short up/down
refresh: dot
tikitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:37 AM   #19
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Thank you! This is very helpful.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:51 AM   #20
booklover
Enthusiast
booklover began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd ed.
It seems those ipdfs do not support Chinese language display.
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #21
romanas
Enthusiast
romanas began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad ebook edition, DR1000s
One question - I can use just one mode at a time and i need to activate ipdf wich i need from ipdf installers??? am i right?
romanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #22
jrial
jrial began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iRex Iliad, nokia 770, gp2x, palm zire 71
Yes, that's correct. Every "mode" is a different version of the iPDF application, and you choose which one you wish to run through the "iPDF Installers" application.
jrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #23
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover View Post
It seems those ipdfs do not support Chinese language display.
I don't see your problem on my iLiad. I have used those varied ipdf build to read pdf files with Chinese text.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:22 AM   #24
booklover
Enthusiast
booklover began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
I don't see your problem on my iLiad. I have used those varied ipdf build to read pdf files with Chinese text.
But the chinese pdf didn't show up correctly in my case. Is it because it wasn't a chinese pdf with embeded fonts? but the official ipdf can display them all right. BTW, my iliad is the Chinese version. Does it make any difference?
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #25
rosrog
rosrog began at the beginning.

Device: iliad 2nd edition
Hello , could anyone guide me on how to change the firmware_SCRIPT of the iliad 2v from 2.11 to 2.12. I'm trying to install minimo. Thanks in advance.
rosrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #26
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosrog View Post
Hello , could anyone guide me on how to change the firmware_SCRIPT of the iliad 2v from 2.11 to 2.12. I'm trying to install minimo.
Use a text editor to change the contents of the file Firmware_Script (in directory minimoinst) from 2.11 to 2.12. Under Windows you can use Notepad to do this.

I have seen some posts where 2.12.1 was required instead of 2.12. On my iLiad, the last page of the Settings says 2.12 for "Software Version" but I don't know if that would say 2.12.1 if I had 2.12.1 installed or not.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #27
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
I just received a PDF (very recently created by Cambridge UP) that constantly crashes on all iPDF versions, even though the PDF contains no images, and doesn't require the iLiad to do any heavy rendering.

All it contains are lots of bookmarks throughout the PDF (also on pages in the 'book' to other chapters in the book, which can be 'clicked' in the text body of the book itself), and "linked" footnotes.
I have created similar (linked footnote) PDFs myself, and they don't cause the iLiad any trouble at all rendering them.
Does anyone have a clue why this might be happening?
The kinds of pages it crashes on frequently seem to be pages containing such links, though the amount of them seems to matter very little, and it happens on pages without them as well. (if it would help, i can send the file causing the problems to someone who can do more by way of testing/debugging than I can.

Update: it only happens when i update the PDF version to PDF 1.7 or later (using Acrobat 9)
If I leave the file as conforming to the PDF 1.4 standard, it is fine, but as soon as i upgrade, it starts acting up bigtime.

Last edited by zerospinboson; 10-15-2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: update on problem
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #28
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
Anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
drawImage and XSync time 34707
Error (98288): Illegal character ')'
Error (98291): Illegal character ')'
Error (98293): Illegal character ')'
Error (98350): Illegal character ')'
Error (98356): Badly formatted number
Error (99048): Unexpected end of file in flate stream
Error: Unterminated string
Error: End of file inside array
Error: Leftover args in content stream
On receive signal 11 pid 818
PDFDoc::displayPage 30 uses 1114653

It's likely a problem with the PDF library the iLiad uses.
It appears to be fixed in a new version of the library, but someone from the community will have to build it along with a new version of the pdf viewer.
PS. (File is copyrighted, so i can't post it anywhere directly)

Last edited by zerospinboson; 10-16-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Adam helped a bit
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #29
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
Could it be iPDF is trying to cache all the pages that those bookmarks link to?
Anyone?
If you can post the PDF, we can take at the output from the crash. Otherwise, it's hard to say what the problem could be.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:49 AM   #30
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Hey,

see attached the Book Edition original ipdf viewer (82828 Bytes). Maybe you can include it in your distribution?
Attached Files
File Type: bin ipdf.bin (80.9 KB, 487 views)
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote