Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
nuz
nuz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle - Content TOC - HTML Bookmark?

I'm new to mobi conversion, but see I have a common problem with other Kindle publishers, the Kindle goto TOC is grayed out.

The metadata TOC created by Calibre is spot on, and is not part of the text. The only thing now is to create a bookmark - Point Anchor at the start of the Content TOC. In my HTML file, I placed the bookmark required by Amazon at the start of my Content Toc <a name=TOC></a> but during the Calibre conversion from HTML to mobi it isn't working. "Do not create TOC" is checked during conversion, to prevent a double toc. I've read the Calibre FAQ "What's the deal with mobi TOC's" and the post by DMSmillie.

So, has anyone found an HTML bookmark that will work with the Calibre HTML to mobi conversion?
nuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
mmoreira
mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.

Device: KindleDX
Question

I have have the exact same question.

When I use the program Mobi Pocket Creator it has a option where I can configure the guides metadata by myself. This way I can set my own anchors for kindle TOC and Start Page.

How can I achieve the same goal on calibre? It is much better than MPC, but I don't know how to do this only thing.

Thank you for your help!
mmoreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert