Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
The loacation of the light sensor...

Can anybody tell me where the light sensor on the Vox is located on or within the unit? The reason that I ask...is that my Vox cover, covers up the green LED light at the top, and thought that this might also act as the ambient light sensor. I need to know if I have to drill a hole in the frame of the book cover to allow this LCD to be seen.

I'm hoping the light sensor is embedded within or under the screen display...

Can someone advise, and with thanks!

* typo...jeez on title replace 'loacation' for 'location'. Thanks...

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 11-17-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo...
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
If I'm not mistaken it's about half a centimeter to the right of the LED. You'd be better off asking one of the Kobo staff that posts here.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you. So...if that is the case...then that might explain why my Vox seems to 'hunt' for a setting by occasionally lightening or darkening the back-light. I can drill an access hole in the cover's hard bound frame to accommodate.

If a Kobo staff'er reads this...can you advise where exactly it is physically located on the Vox body? Thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Measured (center to center) from the power LED, the hole for the light sensor is 14mm to the right, and 3mm below.
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJW View Post
Measured (center to center) from the power LED, the hole for the light sensor is 14mm to the right, and 3mm below.
------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you VERY MUCH!

I'll make the appropriate modifications to the cover/protector.
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Your welcome! You may also want to know that the diameter of the hole for the light sensor is 5mm.

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJW View Post
Your welcome! You may also want to know that the diameter of the hole for the light sensor is 5mm.

James
Thank you, and most helpful!

signed;

A very satisfied meets-all-expectations, and then some, Vox owner. I know that I'll enjoy any new perks/features in firmware coming on down the line, as well as correcting/tweaking present on-board that might have a tick or two. All in all...worth every dollar spent. Merry Christmas to myself!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader Paradice View Post
Thank you, and most helpful!

signed;

A very satisfied meets-all-expectations, and then some, Vox owner. I know that I'll enjoy any new perks/features in firmware coming on down the line, as well as correcting/tweaking present on-board that might have a tick or two. All in all...worth every dollar spent. Merry Christmas to myself!
This is helpful - thanks!

And - I agree! I am very happy! It was my Xmas present to myself, too! ;-) I just hope the Vox remains stable! That will be Kobo's Xmas present to me!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote