Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-21-2015, 06:07 AM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Thank you PDurrant for your Best Book per C20th decade

PDurrant I want to thank you for all your efforts towards getting the Best Books of the C20th per decade off the ground.

You have done a great deal of work towards compiling the lists and presenting them for voting. (Unfortunately you closed the other discussion thread before I could acknowledge your efforts and thank you, hence I've started this thread in the Feedback Forum.)

Unfortunately I'll no longer be participating in this activity. The fun and pleasure has gone for me, and the camaraderie tainted, because an open poll was changed to closed, and I can't see that the camaraderie can return.

For my part I've contributed a book to every decade, been clear about my 'best' rationale, and to date have read additional books in the 1901-10, 1911-1920, 20's,50's and 60's categories, in order to be sufficiently informed to be able to determine my decade vote.

The exercise has brought me some clarity as to my selection of books over my life, and through the provision of everyone's offerings I now have access to a wonderful collection of titles. (A number of which I have recently bought!)

regards
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Thanks as well pdurrant.

(As for whether I will vote, I may end up doing that, but I'm not sure yet. Depends on whether I finish a few of the books I decided to look at, plus, I kind of feel like Lynx-lynx.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote