Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Notion Ink Adam is upgrading to Honeycomb soon.

From there update on Notionink.WordPress.com
Quote:
# Books, which I just touched upon on the last blog, are coming from our partner in the form of store and app. Their content is good, and app ready for 2.2 and 2.3 OS. But then we are soon moving to Honeycomb, and these apps need some face-lifts.
# Eden Apps has been ported on Honeycomb!
# Notion Ink is also setting up a local Sales and Services Centers in US, Germany and India for better and faster support. The US one will get working first.
Slashgear has already put there two cents out about the official update.

My only problem is I'm still waiting to receive my Adam. I ordered it back on December 9th and now it is apparently held up in Chinese customs. I'm tired of all of this waiting, but maybe the Honeycomb update will be ready by the time I finally receive it.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
All the video I've seen of it seem to show it combines the worst aspects of LCD/eink. Lots of glare, but poor contrast and washed out color.

An intriguing device, but I think they took too long out of the gate. I wish they hadn't bothered with their custom UI and had instead focused on the hardware and gotten it out sooner. Pretty difficult to compete against the xoom and a jillion other upcoming android tablets, not to mention palm, and oh, that thing from Apple.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I am also waiting for my Adam but I ordered in Februari. I have no problem reading with backlight and I wanted a device that would also work in sun light. The videos I have seen actually look perfectly good and showed what I expected.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote