Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Mini Big Bang at LHC --

mercilessly stolen from and AM Tweet I noticed on her page!

Large Hadron Collider (LHC) generates a 'mini-Big Bang'

Dr David Evans: "From conception to design and building this, it's taken about 20 years."

The Large Hadron Collider has successfully created a "mini-Big Bang" by smashing together lead ions instead of protons.

The scientists working at the enormous machine achieved the unique conditions on 7 November.

The experiment created temperatures a million times hotter than at the centre of the Sun.

More here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11711228
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
CooL!! We were there at the Atlas building just last month when we toured CERN. I got my geek on in Geneva.

I wish I were a physicist. This is an exciting time for them. If anyone from CERN reads this: CONGRATULATIONS!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Large Hadron Collider (LHC) generates a 'mini-Big Bang'

Dr David Evans: "From conception to design and building this, it's taken about 20 years."

The Large Hadron Collider has successfully created a "mini-Big Bang" by smashing together lead ions instead of protons.

The scientists working at the enormous machine achieved the unique conditions on 7 November.

The experiment created temperatures a million times hotter than at the centre of the Sun.

More here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11711228
And no global blackouts or visions of the future.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
But not my post here :grumble:

Seriously though - this is exciting enough it deserves two threads
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote