Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Works great on my work computer. Maybe it's the older version of FF I have at home that's causing problems.

Very nice plug-in. I don't generally read on a computer and if I do I generally prefer a reader that shows a single page and 'flips' to another page (in other words no scrolling), but I can see myself making use of it from time to time.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:50 AM   #17
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmark View Post
Another question. I've downloaded some ePubs to test with your plug-in. How do I delete them from your index?
Good question . In the moment it's not possible to delete ePubs from the list but I'm working on a new version where it's possible. I think it will be available mid of next week. Unfortunately it is not as easy as it looks like.
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #18
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Another question. I've downloaded some ePubs to test with your plug-in. How do I delete them from your index?
Faster than expected I finished the new version where you can delete ePub-files. Just download it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/45281.

Last edited by mikelv; 10-29-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #19
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
Faster than expected I finished the new version where you can delete ePub-files. Just download it here: Sorry, I had to remove the link temporarily because I uploaded the file, but Mozilla doesn't show it on all their servers .

I'll update this post, when the file is visible everywhere.
Thanks for updating the plugin. I'll check this thread for when it's available.

Should I delete the old version first or will the newer version just update the old version. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #20
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
I'll update this post, when the file is visible everywhere.
Updated version EPUBReader 1.0.3 available now (and Mozilla plugin page is now in English). I just downloaded and installed over previous version.

New delete option works great.

(I did check the C:/Users/[Username]/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/nph2aaid.default/epub folder, just to make sure. )

*edit* Plus it works fine in Firefox 3.5.4

Last edited by kenmark; 10-29-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
How about a version for SeaMonkey 2.0. It is based on Firefox 3.5.4. I built a wiki page for you by the way.

Dale
Old 10-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #22
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
1. I can already view ePub files via ADE or the eBook Library. Therefore, other than being able to view an ePub from my Firefox browser, can you explain why I would need to use this add-on?
I don't have ADE installed on any of my computers, and don't have the eBook library or Calibre installed at work. However, I run Portable Firefox at work from my flash drive--and now I can read ePubs without having to install them on my Reader first. Yay! I can look over the first few pages and decide if it's worth downloading the file to keep.

And ePub files as HTML files, usable with all my Firefox addons... more yay! (I can get a quick wordcount of the whole book. Can copy & paste sections of it, much easier than I could through other programs. Easy screencaps.)

Ooh, I think I'm gonna really like this. Now I just have to find out if it'll work on my Vista machine at home.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:02 AM   #23
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
How about a version for SeaMonkey 2.0. It is based on Firefox 3.5.4. I built a wiki page for you by the way.

Dale
Thanks for building a wiki page!

Good idea. I will check what has to be done, that EPUBReader can run in SeaMonkey.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #24
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Thanks for building a wiki page!

Good idea. I will check what has to be done, that EPUBReader can run in SeaMonkey.
You can add to the wiki page as you need to, as can anybody else. You could even turn it into a manual for your product.

Dale
Old 10-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #25
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Superb! Works flawlessly!

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #26
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Works for me! Fantastic! Brilliant! Ausgezeichnet.

Feature requests: Configurable columns and widths, fonts, and background and foreground color picker. (Yeah, I know I can do it with greasemonkey :-))

Also would be nice if bar on the left could be shown or hidden.

Wonder if it's possible to decrypt adobe DRM in javascript. ;-)

I'm a dev, so if you need help...
Old 10-31-2009, 09:25 AM   #27
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
Works for me! Fantastic! Brilliant! Ausgezeichnet.

Feature requests: Configurable columns and widths, fonts, and background and foreground color picker. (Yeah, I know I can do it with greasemonkey :-))

Also would be nice if bar on the left could be shown or hidden.

Wonder if it's possible to decrypt adobe DRM in javascript. ;-)

I'm a dev, so if you need help...
Hi nikkie, thanks for your feedback!

Your feature requests sound good, I've already thought about some of them myself. I'll integrate some of them in one of the next versions. For now my focus was on getting out a working version, now I'll focus more on the look and feel.

Concerning DRM I had already a short look at the Adobe-Website to see if there is any information about the API, but I didn't find anything. In my opinion DRM only works, if you have got ADE installed. And this would be a showstopper for me . If I've got more time, I'll contact Adobe to get more information.

Btw, if you like EPUBReader (and it seems to be that you do ), it would be great if you could give me a good rating at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/45281. And if there is anybody else, please feel free to do the same .
Old 10-31-2009, 11:07 AM   #28
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It’s a pretty good add-on. I installed it to my XP-running laptop, and opened up an ePub file from Harlequin I had on my hard drive. The text opened a bit on the small side for my preferences, but using Firefox’s Zoom function increased the font size comfortably.

Then I opened up one of my own novels. The cover was depicted nicely in the right column, while the TOC appeared on the left. I noticed two non-standard characters (m-dashes) did not display properly in the TOC, but they did display properly in the text.

I’d call this a great desktop/laptop-based ePub reader, as easy to use as ADE, if not easier. I highly recommend the app.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:07 AM   #29
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
I have installed this without any problems and it works fine. Thanks Mike.

However, it seems the only way to navigate to other pages is via the left column. Would it be possible to do this via arrow keys or page up/page down keys? Or am I just missing how to do something?
Old 11-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #30
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
I have installed this without any problems and it works fine. Thanks Mike.

However, it seems the only way to navigate to other pages is via the left column. Would it be possible to do this via arrow keys or page up/page down keys? Or am I just missing how to do something?
Hi Javed,

thanks for your feedback!

No, you didn't miss anything. In the moment the navigation works only via the links on the left side. I'm thinking about a good solution for page up/down, but I'm not sure if and when this will be available.

Please check also this posting: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=12. There you will find some more details.

Hope you use EPUBReader nevertheless .
Closed Thread