Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
deedward9
Enthusiast
deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2, Kobo Clara, Nook Glowlight Plus, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Error when converting .cbz to lrf

Hi again,

I've been trying to convert some cbz files to lrf using both Calibre, and comiclrf.

I've tried on both my Windows XP, and my Ubuntu machine, as well as on windows using the original command line version.

On Windows, using the newest install of Calibre, I get the following error.

('RuntimeError', u'Failed to load ImageMagick')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 928, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 886, in work
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\comic\convert_from.pyo", line 393, in do_convert
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\comic\convert_from.pyo", line 255, in process_pages
RuntimeError: Failed to load ImageMagick

On Windows command line, I get the following error.
File "comiclrf.py", line 15, in <module>
File "PythonMagickWand.pyc", line 97, in <module>
File "ctypes\__init__.pyc", line 348, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 14001] This application has failed to start because the ap
lication configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this
roblem

For completion, I get a similiar error on ubuntu, but I chalk that up to using 64bit, and have abandoned getting this to work on that platform.

Thanks again to kovidgoyal for all your help on getting my linux installation up and going with the newer version.

Thanks all

Devin
deedward9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is a 64bit problem. calibre uses an embedded imagemagick library that is compiled for 32bit machines. Seems like it doesn't work on 64bit machines. Unfortunately, I dont have a 64bit machine to test on.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
deedward9
Enthusiast
deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My windows install is 32bit, not 64 bit, so I'm not sure why it isn't working.

Thanks,
Devin
Old 10-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm in that case I'm stumped. It works for me. The only thing I can think of is that you have another installation on ImageMagick on windows that is inerfering. Try moving the calibre installtion directory to the start of your PATH variable.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
deedward9
Enthusiast

So, interestingly.

I was able to get it to work, on a different windows installation. I'm not real sure why, except that I had previously installed Image Magick on the first installation.

Ah well. It works okay, and I can pretty easily dual boot and convert, then move them into my prefered ubuntu setup.

Thanks again,
Devin
Advert