Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Hanselda
Enthusiast
Hanselda began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook, Sony PRS 600
A brute force method to read djvu files on Cybook

The same brute force method is applied to djvu file. In this case the following packages are needed:

python
imagemagick
ddjvu (from djvu)
pdfimage (from pdflib)
any image viewer
Attached Files
File Type: zip prepare_djvu.zip (4.0 KB, 423 views)
File Type: zip prepare_djvu_v2.zip (4.2 KB, 420 views)

Last edited by Hanselda; 08-08-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Hanselda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
And why would we want to read djvu files in the first place?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And why would we want to read djvu files in the first place?
Isn't it an increasingly popular format?

I like it for technical documents (with illustrations of various types).
There's a djvu viewer for the Iliad, I think it'd be neat to be able to view them on a CyBook.
Not sure I'd have the nous to implement this solution though.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
Hanselda
Enthusiast
Hanselda began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook, Sony PRS 600
For technical and scientific documents. I use my cybook mainly to read these things. So mobipocket format is really useless for me. It cannot handle the formula and vector legend in a reasonable way. For these one MUST stick to PDF or simply a picture snapshot of the page, else you can never expect what formula comes out of your screen.

The only way to read these documents reasonably with mobipocket is to convert all the formula and so on into picture. This is possible like many scientific publication website. But this is only possible if one has the source file, in Word or LaTeX. Convert into HTML and import those in mobipocket. But one must have the source file in hand, which is usually not available. If one simply convert a PDF scientific paper to mibopocket, it is a disaster.
Hanselda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Isn't it an increasingly popular format?

I like it for technical documents (with illustrations of various types).
There's a djvu viewer for the Iliad, I think it'd be neat to be able to view them on a CyBook.
Not sure I'd have the nous to implement this solution though.
Who sells djvua format documents? Who produces them?

I thought PDF was what was used for technical documents.

But I've seen a sample of an ePub document that was absolutely brilliant as a technical document.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #6
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Who sells djvua format documents? Who produces them?
http://djvu.org/news/index.php?subac...t_from=&ucat=&
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote