Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #166
Scripted
Scripted began at the beginning.

Device: 912 Pro
Very new to this. I inserted the Micro SD card. The slot is in the side for a 912 Pro you do not need to take the cover of like it shows in the video.

I can access the SD as drive L on my PC and copy and take files of it. The Firmware update says to copy it to the Micro SD card. But if the old Firmware is on the internal storage (SD Pocket book Drive) does that not have to be removed first?

Many thanks for any help you can give!
Scripted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #167
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripted View Post
But if the old Firmware is on the internal storage (SD Pocket book Drive) does that not have to be removed first?
Actually tha SD card supersedes the internal memory, but to be on the safe I'd remove the file "SWUPDATE.BIN" from the internal memory
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #168
Scripted

Thanks for that. I did the firmware update but all the the files like Audio and Photo are still on the Internal Storage. Can I just copy these to the SD and remove everything on the Internal Storage?
Old 11-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #169
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for that. I did the firmware update but all the the files like Audio and Photo are still on the Internal Storage. Can I just copy these to the SD and remove everything on the Internal Storage?
Files are - and will stay where you put them. Storing them on the SD card is intended (that's why they built it in). If you leave them on internal and copy them to the SD card they'll show up as two files.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #170
Scripted

Maybe I did not phrase that well, I should have said folders not files. Should I remove everything from internal storage? Currently all the folders are on internal storage so the SD drive is empty apart from the firmware update files.

If I cut and paste all the system folders like Audio etc to the SD drive will the operating system be happy with that?

Thanks again without this help I would be stuck!
Advert
Old 11-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #171
troll05
Harmless idiot

I'd leave the folder-structure on the device unharmed and just cut the files. If you remove folders you'll might find out there was something vital just too late
On the SD card you can do whatever you like. You can build a folder structure to your own liking or just pile all your files in the root directory. The audioplayer will pick them up regardless of any structure as will the library.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #172
Scripted

Ok working well. Couple of issues, when I conect to my PC I have to connect the Pocketbook twice, first time it says it cannot recognise, second time it is happy. Also I made a directory called Audio and put mp3 files in it, accessing from Library it shows no files. There is a Music section on startup but not sure how to put anything in there as there is no Music folder, just like there is no Library folder. I can just play audio and the files come up so not a big issue.

Next is the Wifi connection, but happy as I am for now.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #173
troll05
Harmless idiot

Quote:
Ok working well. Couple of issues, when I conect to my PC I have to connect the Pocketbook twice, first time it says it cannot recognise, second time it is happy.
Happens sometimes, not only with your device. Nobody knows why

Quote:
Also I made a directory called Audio and put mp3 files in it, accessing from Library it shows no files.
Normal behavior, It's no book-file, so doesn't show up.

Quote:
There is a Music section on startup but not sure how to put anything in there as there is no Music folder, just like there is no Library folder.
You can access your folder structure if you go via "Application -> Photo (no kidding) -> from ther you can access parts of the folder Structure on internal memory or SD card. "Music" on startup is the audio-player-app,unfortunately it only plays audio titles as they come or random

Quote:
Next is the Wifi connection, but happy as I am for now.
You can put work on that, but it's not really worth the effort. Maybe you'll have problems trying to access
- hidden networks
- special signs in the SSID-name
- various channels (don't know which)
Old 12-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #174
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast
aldomenguzzi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

I just got my PB912PRO and installed the latest firmware, 2.1.3
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f...1.3_0_user.zip
qorganizer and pbanki, but both apps don't seem to work.
Could it be because the firmware is to new? Reading in the forums it seems that the one everyone refers to is 2.1.2
Cheers
aldomenguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #175
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle keyboard, PocketBook Pro 912 (black), T62D with Gonyx
firmware 2.1.1 for pocketbook pro 912 anyone?
The pdf characters appear gradually dimmer and unreadable.
crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #176
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
firmware 2.1.1 for pocketbook pro 912 anyone?
The pdf characters appear gradually dimmer and unreadable.
I am pretty sure the 912 did not exist at the time of the 2.1.1. I should have the image for my 903, let me know if you are interested and I'll dig it up.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #177
m@rcus
m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldomenguzzi View Post
Hello,

Could it be because the firmware is to new? Reading in the forums it seems that the one everyone refers to is 2.1.2
Cheers
It is so, because the only difference between 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 is:

Obreey Sync – application for content synchronization between Obreey Store (www.store.obreey.com) and Device.

I think it was done through homepage change in www browser. And for most users there is no reason to upgrade from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3.
m@rcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:39 PM   #178
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I collect the list of apps at the start of this thread and made a wiki page. Please add more to the list. PocketBook apps

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:32 PM   #179
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Anyone has EXPERIMENTAL - "Fast Driver" version of 2.1.2 for Pocketbook 912?
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 02:28 AM   #180
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi, before I purchase a new SD card for my reader, does anyone know if Pocketbook HD2 can support "Sandisk MicroSDHC V30 32GB Extreme Pro" cards?

Thanks,
Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote