Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
TWILIGHT FANS!!! Entire collection on Kindle for $5.27 [Pricing error/now higher!]

For those of you who love the Twilight series or for those of you like me who have never read the books, here is a HUGE DEAL!

The entire Twilight Saga for Kindle at Amazon for only $5.27. That's $1.32 per book. You have to pre-order and it will be available for download on October 27th. Don't wait!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B001FA0PIQ

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-23-2009 at 05:28 PM.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
candytx
Enthusiast
candytx doesn't littercandytx doesn't litter

Device: K2
This was an apparent error, it's now $46, hope you got it when you could!
candytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Something still isn't right. $46 is more than buying each book individually. I can't see what the added value would be.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It was a mistake!!!!!!!!

Apparently, there must have been a rash of orders for this collection and Amazon realizing its mistake in the pricing has since corrected it to $46.37 which as others have pointed out, better off buying the books individually.

I did check my Manage My Kindle page and it is still showing as $5.27. So I would strongly suggest if anyone purchased the set for that price, check your invoice once it downloads to ensure Amazon honored that price.

My apologies for any confusion this caused!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Apparently, there must have been a rash of orders for this collection and Amazon realizing its mistake in the pricing has since corrected it to $46.37 which as others have pointed out, better off buying the books individually.
Another case of publishers being idiots when it comes to ebooks. The nice hardcover box set is selling at Amazon for $46.37, so of course the ebook 'box set' can't retail for less, despite the fact that you all the books are out in paperback and ebook versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
My apologies for any confusion this caused!
Not your fault! And it's not an obviously silly price either - could have been a loss leader or anything.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
chilady1
I devour books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Not your fault! And it's not an obviously silly price either - could have been a loss leader or anything.
Thanks for your kind words pdurrant, just don't want to mis-lead anyone. Appreciate that!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
LOL! Is it a matching set for the Kindle too? Matching covers and pictures?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I've made an amendment in the TITLE of the thread.

Errors, do happen, don't they.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
chilady1
I devour books!

Thanks!

Thanks Dr. Drib for altering the Title, appreciate that!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #10
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Check out the "What Do Customers Ultimately Buy After Viewing This Item?" section for that collection.

CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #11
Avarwen
Connoisseur
Avarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of light

Device: EZ_ Reader, Nook wifi, Kindle 3G
Seems their going off the hardcover set price. Not bad since one hardback fiction book can go for up to $30.00
Avarwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:39 AM   #12
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Back in June 2008 I purchased from Amazon:
Twilight $4.79
New Moon $6.39
Eclipse $6.39
Breaking Dawn $9.99 when it first came out in August 08.
For a total of $27.56
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:50 AM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Back in July I got Twilight and New Moon when they were on 100% micropay rebate. So $9.34 the pair, or $4.67 each.

It'll be a year or two before I get to them, with my "to be read" pile the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
Back in June 2008 I purchased from Amazon:
Twilight $4.79
New Moon $6.39
Eclipse $6.39
Breaking Dawn $9.99 when it first came out in August 08.
For a total of $27.56
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #14
chilady1
I devour books!

Downloaded at the $5.27 price - WOW!

I am happy to report that Amazon did honor the price of $5.27 which is what the collection was listed at before correcting their mistake. I appreciate that they didn't do a bait and switch with the price. Just wanted to let everyone know! Very happy about this great bargain!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Well it looks like you made out like a bandit
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote