Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
mobi images

I'm almost ready to submit a new ebook, but having some trouble with a 'frontispiece' image. I have a bebook with Lbook v3 firmware, and don't have access to one with the bebook firmware (and don't won't to change back to it). The image size in the pc mobireader is MUCH larger than the image on my bebook. I think I read in one of the posts that the Lbook firmware decreases an image size by 1/2? Am I correct in equating image size in mobireader with that in non-Lbook firmware readers? If true, then this means that I if I aim for mobireader audience and presumably the bebook firmware then the image is too small for the Lbook audience; likewise if I size it for Lbook, then it overlaps two pages in mobireader and (I suppose) in a bebook with bebook firmware.

Have others run into this problem? Does anyone know if there any way to correctly size an image in html code for a .prc that is satisfactory for both firmwares? If not, perhaps it's best to aim for the non-Lbook reader?

Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I tried a few MOBI ebooks under Lbook "Update of 27 February 2009" Firmware and did not see any problems. Most of the cover images I tried where 510 wide by 680 tall, which seemed to show up full size on the Hanlin V3. MobiPocket recommends 600x800, but I have not seem many cover pages that large.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You should probably resize the image using image manipulation software.

See http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...ile=images.htm on the Mobipocket development site.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Thanks for the link to Mobi Development Center. I think I get the answers I need from that site.
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:11 AM   #5
octavia
octavia began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
You should probably resize the image using image manipulation software.

See http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...ile=images.htm on the Mobipocket development site.
Thanks a lot. Mobi Development Center is really helpful site.
octavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert