Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
beachldy
beachldy began at the beginning.

Device: Nextbook
Calibre and Nextbook

Ok, I cannot get my Nextbook connected with Calibre. I tried this:

Went to Preferences/Miscellaneous/Get information to setup the user defined device and got the text below:

USB Vendor ID (in hex): 0x0bb4
USB Product ID (in hex): 0x0c02
USB Revision ID (in hex): 0x0222
Windows main memory vendor string:
Windows main memory ID string: NEXT3

Then, it says the following:

"Copy these values to the clipboard, paste them into an editor,
then enter them into the USER_DEVICE by customizing the device
plugin in Preferences->Plugins. Remember to also enter the
folders where you want the books to be put. You must restart
calibre for your changes to take effect."

The problem is, when I go to the DEVICE INTERFACE Plugins for Nextbook, there IS NO PLACE to put those values, because all I can do with that plugin is enter types of files that be sent. See screenshot attached.

WHERE do I enter those values at???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-11-03_180139.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	78590  
beachldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachldy View Post
Ok, I cannot get my Nextbook connected with Calibre. I tried this:

Went to Preferences/Miscellaneous/Get information to setup the user defined device and got the text below:

USB Vendor ID (in hex): 0x0bb4
USB Product ID (in hex): 0x0c02
USB Revision ID (in hex): 0x0222
Windows main memory vendor string:
Windows main memory ID string: NEXT3

Then, it says the following:

"Copy these values to the clipboard, paste them into an editor,
then enter them into the USER_DEVICE by customizing the device
plugin in Preferences->Plugins. Remember to also enter the
folders where you want the books to be put. You must restart
calibre for your changes to take effect."

The problem is, when I go to the DEVICE INTERFACE Plugins for Nextbook, there IS NO PLACE to put those values, because all I can do with that plugin is enter types of files that be sent. See screenshot attached.

WHERE do I enter those values at???
That message is for a special device called: User_Device
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
beachldy

??

Okay, so how do I get the device (nextbook) to work with Calibre?
Old 11-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Okay, so how do I get the device (nextbook) to work with Calibre?
Duh!
Put those values into the User_device plugin as instructed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	user_devicePI.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	78629  
Old 11-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
beachldy

I cannot find a "USER_Device" plugin...Only devices listed like phones, and E-reader devices. Cannot find just "USER_Device" listed anywhere. If you have some screenshots, that would be great. How to get to there, etc.
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I cannot find a "USER_Device" plugin...Only devices listed like phones, and E-reader devices. Cannot find just "USER_Device" listed anywhere. If you have some screenshots, that would be great. How to get to there, etc.
What was that I supplied above, Chopped Liver?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
What version of calibre are you using? The plugin is called User Defined USB driver. If you don't see it you may need to upgrade calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
What version of calibre are you using? The plugin is called User Defined USB driver. If you don't see it you may need to upgrade calibre.
Good point, but I suspect because of the message , that the version already contains the plugin.