Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
luthar28
Enthusiast
luthar28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Opening emailed ePub in Kobo app

If someone emails me a valid ePub (no DRM), how do I open it in the Kobo app? From the email, it says 'open in Kobo' but when I click (errrr...touch) the Kobo app choice, it opens Kobo but doesn't copy over the file. Any ideas?

This very simple method works with all the other readers, just not the Kobo.
luthar28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Which Kobo app?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
luthar28
Enthusiast
luthar28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Which Kobo app?
The iPhone Kobo app.

I've emailed myself an ePub. I click the attachment in the email and it says 'Open In' then I pick Kobo. Kobo opens...but the attachment is nowhere to be seen.

I'm sure I can manually copy it over with iTunes, but I'm trying to figure this out as I'm distributing eBooks independently.
luthar28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Hm I could swear I had done this in the past, but I just tested it and same as you - looks like it's doing something, but no book is loaded or opened. However, I use Dropbox all the time for this purpose, and it works very well. Book cannot have DRM of course.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote