Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Thumbs down People who CAN use Kindle Collection Manager?

Ever since the 3.1 update for Kindle which was forced on me, I - and others - have found the wonderful KCM "broken."

I am just curious as to whether there ARE people who HAVE NOT jailbroken Kindle, who have 3.1 update and run XP on their computer - if relevant - find they STILL CAN use KCM and it works to put new books into existing collections and create new collections.

If relevant, by broken I mean that when I use KCM to either put a new book into an existing collection by moving it from left right or by creating a new collection and adding it and moving books into it or by deleting and OLD collection for which I have so many new books it's easier to make a new collection on pc on left side then move new collection to right, NONE OF THE NEW BOOKS ARE MOVED INTO COLLECTIONS. No matter what I do the books just show up on Kindle Home page and not in collection.

Additional FYI if needed: I have discussed problem and no one who HAS problem has solution.

To save others wasting their time (but thank you): NO, Calibre is not viable as it creates so many additional collections and even with plugin is, for me, so clunky to use, that it's not helpful. I also have not been happy trying to edit json file with kindelabra so that's no go as well.
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Well my Kindle 3 isn't jailbroken and I run the KCM on XP and have the 3.1 OS for the Kindle. Sounds more and more like it's a conflict between the program and something in the jailbreak. Something incompatible somewhere. Alas I'm not up on programming so I have no idea what it could be or where to start looking.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
MegaFrank
MegaFrank began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisondbl View Post
Ever since the 3.1 update for Kindle which was forced on me, I - and others - have found the wonderful KCM "broken."
Just try the KKCM (Kranf Kindle Collection Manager): this one works.
See you!
MegaFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
I have a K3 v3.2.1 non-jailbroken. Kindle Collection Manager works well for me.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:14 AM   #5
little-roly
little-roly began at the beginning.

My husband bought his kindle last week and we are finding that the books are just being duplicated into the collections but staying on the homepage as well! Help mine doesn't have this problem! What do we need to do?
little-roly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 03:18 AM   #6
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^ You do eject and then restart your Kindle after the changes right?
Old 07-22-2011, 05:19 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by little-roly View Post
My husband bought his kindle last week and we are finding that the books are just being duplicated into the collections but staying on the homepage as well! Help mine doesn't have this problem! What do we need to do?
What you see depends on what your sort options are. If you sort by collections, you'll see only collections. If you sort by title or author, you'll see both collections AND books.

A collection is not a folder, but a "tag" that's applied to a book. A book will, therefore, show up both in the complete list of books AND in any collection that it's a part of. The book is not, however, duplicated. No matter how many collections it's a member of, it's still only present on the Kindle once.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #8
little-roly
little-roly began at the beginning.

Thanks

Can't believe it was so simple thanks Harry
little-roly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
And for anyone wandering through this thread, I finally gave up and switched to using kranf Kindle collection manager. Here's my 411 on this program for anyone interested.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=kranf
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisondbl View Post
And for anyone wandering through this thread, I finally gave up and switched to using kranf Kindle collection manager. Here's my 411 on this program for anyone interested.
What on Earth is a "411"?
Old 07-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

^ Harry:

"411" is the number in the US people can dial for information. Think of it like an operator service.

"411" was adopted and made a part of American colloquialism and slang.

Therefore the sentence:
"Here's the 411 on Melissa's breakup with that idiot."

translates roughly into:
"Here's what happened with Melissa's breakup with that idiot."

So, "411" is ~ "information" ~ "scoop" ~ "skinny" ~ "deal"

Sorta like how "Five-O" or "5-O" has now come to mean THE POLICE or the authorities [but mostly referencing cops].

Kids these days...
Old 07-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thank you
Old 07-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #13
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

My pleasure - a nice change to "help" you for once.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #14
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
I have a feeling the slang "411" will be replaced by "wiki" in the near future (heck it already has in some cases). Although, I suppose there may be some trademark issues in doing that.
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote