Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
coopernurse
coopernurse is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Nook book sharing site - nooklend.me

Hi everyone,

As a Nook owner I wanted an easier way to share books using the Lend Me feature with other owners, so I built this site:

http://bookfriend.me/

The site lets you search for, and then indicate the books you have to loan, or want to borrow from others. The site then matches up borrowers with lenders.

Please try it out and let me know what you think! I hope it will be a useful contribution to the Nook ecosystem.

thanks,

-- James

Last edited by coopernurse; 12-12-2010 at 02:03 PM.
coopernurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, James.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
exodus1999
Enthusiast
exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook classic, nook color
Nice site, ill check it out
exodus1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
I like it. What CMS is that?
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Another site for lending B&N books is http://www.booksfornooks.com/. They claim to be the original Nook booklending site.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Haha, I registered several domains last October, but never did anything with them.

nook sharing domains registered by me

They have all expired and are available, if anyone wants them.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
coopernurse
coopernurse is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypresstwist View Post
I like it. What CMS is that?
Thank you! I wrote it using node.js and jquery. Ben deserves lots of praise for the design work.

There's already been one bit of user feedback - allow logins from the NookColor's web browser. I'll look into that this weekend.

cheers

-- James
coopernurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 PM   #8
redbird
redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
Way cool! Thanks!
redbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lending, lendme, nook