Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
illustrata
Enthusiast
illustrata began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, kindle
Epub to mobi nav points

Hi, We've just used Calibre to convert an epub to mobi, and Kindle is having issues with the navigation using the device and the 4-way thingy. It ignores some chapters and skips to the h tags in the middle of the chapter.

I'm sure it's the way the epub is coded that's confusing the Calibre converter, but how should it best be coded to make sure the mobi is generated correctly? Or maybe, how should the html be coded to make sure the nav points come out right?

Can I manually check/modify/create the nav points (ncx, right), either in the html, epub, or mobi?

Thanks, thanks...
illustrata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by illustrata View Post
I'm sure it's the way the epub is coded that's confusing the Calibre converter, but how should it best be coded to make sure the mobi is generated correctly? Or maybe, how should the html be coded to make sure the nav points come out right?

Can I manually check/modify/create the nav points (ncx, right), either in the html, epub, or mobi?

Thanks, thanks...
I'm certainly not an expert; I hope someone with more knowledge will be along soon. But I am struggling to convert some ePubs I have produced by hand to mobi.

They all have a TOC in the XHTML, and this is reproduced in the text of the mobi version. I've put a separate TOC (not necessarily the exact same layout as in the XHTML) in the toc.ncx, and allowed calibre to add the result to the end of the mobi file. So far it's working out well.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Maybe this could help you.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, nav points, navigation