Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
dande
dande began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Transfer Calibre library to different machine

Library is stored in D:\e-books\CalLib\ on one machine. I want to move the library to a laptop with no D drive. I don't want to import all the transferred library. I just want to put the whole \CalLab folder on a flash drive and copy it to the new computer, load Calibre, and be done. Are there files from the Calibre program folder that I need to move, and/or can I from the GUI menu just tell Calibre to use the \CalLib folder and where to find it?

Thanks -- Don
dande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Just copy the whole of the Calibre Library folder over, and then on the new machine tell Calibre (via the GUI) to use the new location.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert