Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #91
UPMan
UPMan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR-505
I've searched the forums and wiki and cannot find the answer to this. In the nytimes script, the username and password are used. I want to hard code these values into my script, but can't figure out how to do this. I've tried several methods (making assumptions from my Visual C++, VBasic, etc background...I've not snaked around with Python before) but none are working.

I thought adding:
self.username = 'myname'
self.password = 'mypassword'

just before the "if" clause would set those values, but the script still returns results as though the name/password were not provided. I'm sure I'm missing something simple...
UPMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #92
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just write another script in your favorite language that calls web2lrf like this

Code:
web2lrf --username myusername --password mypassword nytimes
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #93
UPMan
UPMan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR-505
Yep, I was making it way too hard. Might want to add that note on the Wiki for all us neophytes to benefit from.

Thanks!

Last edited by UPMan; 12-13-2007 at 02:15 PM.
UPMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:55 AM   #94
cjones
cjones began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
About 75% of the PDFs I convert give me this error message after I've converted them and try to upload them. I have a 505 and am running Vista. Doesn't matter if I try to transfer to the built in storage or to a card.

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'G:\\database/media/books\\The Tipping\nPoint - Malcolm Gladwell_3.lrf'
Failed to perform job: Upload books to device: The Tipping Point
Further device related error messages will not be shown while this message is visible.
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "libprs500\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 79, in run
File "libprs500\gui2\device.pyo", line 111, in upload_books
File "libprs500\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 383, in upload_books
File "libprs500\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 341, in put_file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'G:\\database/media/books\\The Tipping\nPoint - Malcolm Gladwell_3.lrf'
cjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:01 PM   #95
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
I have a problem uploading lit files to libprs500 4.30. When I try to add a file I get:

not well-formed (invalid token): line 23, column 32
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 283, in add_books
File "main.py", line 308, in _add_books
File "libprs500\gui2\library.pyo", line 127, in add_books
File "libprs500\library\database.pyo", line 1082, in add_books
File "libprs500\ebooks\metadata\opf.pyo", line 105, in __set__
File "libprs500\ebooks\metadata\opf.pyo", line 402, in set_series_index
File "libprs500\ebooks\metadata\opf.pyo", line 167, in _set_metadata_element
File "xml\dom\minidom.pyo", line 1923, in parseString
File "xml\dom\expatbuilder.pyo", line 940, in parseString
File "xml\dom\expatbuilder.pyo", line 223, in parseString
ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 23, column 32

This is from "Crown Of Slaves", from the free Baen book library. I had no problem loading this book into 4.25, so I've gone back to that.

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #96
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This bug has already been fixed in svn. Unfortunately I'm too busy to release a new version at the moment.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:14 AM   #97
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Those darned holidays. We really need to do something about them so we can get our software updates.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #98
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Actually it's work that's keeping me busy, but I feel your pain ;-)
Old 12-29-2007, 01:41 PM   #99
vinniet
Connoisseur
vinniet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konquest View Post
Ive been trying to run libprs500 on vista 32 for my prs-505 and its not working. I followed the directions (uninstall drivers etc) and libprs installs fine. When I run it with my reader connected via usb, the program freezes up and my mouse cursor goes crazy.

I have the same problem as the user above with the mouse, except I can use the program. My mouse goes crazy jumping around. The mouse I am using a USB mouse and I thought it had something to do with the USB drive it trys to install. I uninstalled and reinstalled without the driver but I still have the problem. Any ideas?

Last edited by vinniet; 12-29-2007 at 01:51 PM.
vinniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #100
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm i'll see if i can replicate this behavior
Old 12-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #101
vinniet
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hmm i'll see if i can replicate this behavior
I loaded it on to another machine and I have no problems. Not sure why but I think it has to do with the usb driver since the other machine has a PS2 mouse. Also it could be a conflict to some other USB device ... I have lots of them.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:57 PM   #102
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm there are similar reports on OS X, unfortunately I'm travelling till the 6th, so you'll have to wait.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #103
vinniet
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniet View Post
I loaded it on to another machine and I have no problems. Not sure why but I think it has to do with the usb driver since the other machine has a PS2 mouse. Also it could be a conflict to some other USB device ... I have lots of them.

Ok I limited it down to the USB mouse. I installed this on a laptop that has internal mouse which is PS2. When I launch libprs500 and use the USB mouse it jumps around. When I use the PS2 mouse, nothing. It seems the software is looking for reader (maybe) on the USB on a interval and it is messing with the USB mouse.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #104
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah that's most probably it, but the polling happens at 1 second intervals, so it seems weird that it should mess up the mouse, but I'll look into it when I return.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #105
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I can't reproduce this issue on any of my machines. USB mice work fine for me with libprs500 running.

Tags
libprs500, prs-505