Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
wedwo
wedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheese

Device: B&N Nook Simple Touch
Anyone else with a rooted Nook Simple Touch Android eink reader?

I love the fact that I can install the Amazon app on the NST - since I live abroad, I can't buy books from B&N. I use kindle for most of my books. I also use my NST for news reading etc on the web - mostly via Opera or Boat browser.

I love being able to access most of my fav android apps on this thing... mostly for reading (news, forums, etc). I've also replaced the stock KB with swype (disabled the dictionary - it gives trouble). It's just cool being able to use the web for reading outdoors in the sun.

Anyone else using a rooted NST as an eink tablet / reader?
wedwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
It's an increasingly tempting little device. The certified pre-owned model goes for what, $80, probably less when B&N does their ebay sale. Back when eink was as pricey as LCD+faster guts, it was a different game. Behind the 370t, the NST or NST w/GL was my next device of choice before I got a tablet -- and not just as a dedicated ereader, as a tablet. No speaker/headphone is tough for me in that use scenario, but it's hard to find a device without compromise these days, certainly there are none in that price range. Other than the eink, infrared touch, one thing that excites me are the bezel page-turning buttons. I wish those were becoming more common, not less.

How long have you had it?
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert