Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Rcb51
Rcb51 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Delete book from Kindle uploaded through Calibre

I have been searching and searching to find out to remove a book from my Kindle that I used Calibre to upload. Help please?
Rcb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
GeekyGal
Enthusiast
GeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle FireHD, Kindle3G, iPad, MacBook, iRex Illiad (ret)
The exact steps may vary by your Kindle model - which you didn't state - but no matter how you put the book onto the Kindle, you can remove it either from the Kindle directly or through Calibre.

On the Kindle directly, go to the home page, highlight the book by moving the cursor onto it, then left click or left swipe. If you got the book from Amazon, it will be stored in the Amazon cloud in your Archives. If you did not get the book from Amazon, and you may ever want to re-load it, make sure you have a back up.

You can also use the green Recycle icon in Calibre to remove the book from Device if your Kindle is connected by USB cable. That will allow you to remove the book from the Kindle only, Library only or both if you go there from the main library view. If you are in the Device view, it will only remove the book from the device.

Welcome to the Group. I hope this helps.
GeekyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
Rcb51
Rcb51 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have the new $79 Kindle 6". Does this make any difference in the instructions? Everytime I delete a book directly on the device it goes into the archives and I don't know how to delete it from their.
Rcb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcb51 View Post
I have the new $79 Kindle 6". Does this make any difference in the instructions? Everytime I delete a book directly on the device it goes into the archives and I don't know how to delete it from their.
Personal document archiving is enabled by default, but it might be possible to disable it from your "Manage your Kindle" web page or under the settings on the device. In any case, you can delete personal documents from the archive from your "Manage your Kindle" web page at amazon.com.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Personal document archiving is enabled by default, but it might be possible to disable it from your "Manage your Kindle" web page or under the settings on the device. In any case, you can delete personal documents from the archive from your "Manage your Kindle" web page at amazon.com.
It may be linked to Annotations Backup setting (p3) on the K4NT
I have disabled this feature (call me paranoid )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert