Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Where would you go?

You have a round trip ticket to anywhere in the world you want to go.

You have spending money, and transportation.

You have one month. You have no worries about kids, job, spouses, etc.

Where would you go and what would you do?

Me? I'm off to Australia

Watch out Marc, DrPLD, Nohmi2 and others!

I'd see the Great Barrier Reef, and snorkle.

What would YOU do?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:05 AM   #2
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Australia is a beautiful and marvelous country. Good luck with your trip. Bring back a Kangaroo photo.

For those who have not visited Hawaii, please come to see the civilized jungle. Beautiful beaches, lush forests, and friendly natives. We need the tourism.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Japan. See as many of the traditional style shrines as I can, then totally geek out in Akihabara. Maybe run across an Otoroshi?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
More of Europe (Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Germany), then Canada... and most certainly NewZealand (Oh yes, Japan too - :whoops: ).
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:28 AM   #5
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Oswiecim, Poland.
For my grandmother. Who never got to go.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 01:41 AM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I desperately want to go back to Germany, my second home. I also would like to see Budapest, so I am torn on that
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #7
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
If there was a teleporter so I don't have to sit on a car, truck, bus or plane..
*rubs sore travel knee*,
Somewhere cold and clean and civilised. (The opposite of the bluddy Northern Territory)
Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, and Germany. just to get started.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:04 AM   #8
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

SneakySnake - amusing, we're both from QLD (I'm inland from Townsville) and we both envisage the same destinations for the same reasons.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:10 AM   #9
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPLD View Post
SneakySnake - amusing, we're both from QLD (I'm inland from Townsville) and we both envisage the same destinations for the same reasons.
I have just come back from the NT so I am a little jaded. I have snorkeled the barrier reef and didn't think it was that great. vis is often crap
I hope desertgrandma gets a good clear day.

I used to live in Townsville. Where are you MrPLD? Charters Towers?
Old 09-30-2010, 02:20 AM   #10
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

SS,

Yes, in Charters Towers, I'm actually a TSV person really (lived there 20yrs) but a change of circumstances pushed me out to here.

It's hot, it's humid (yes, CT is now very humid rather than the old 'dry' seasons) and there's not enough rain to compensate.

Paul.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:27 AM   #11
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

sounds like how I remember Townsville. Hot and heavy without the rain. I was out at the reef about 14 years ago when townsville had a hot day (in the mid 40s) It was a measly 38 out at Kelso.

I love living here. Perfect most of the time. Even though its a little wet and 23 degrees, a nice relief after Darwin 35 and stinking hot!

Everyone should put Mooloolaba on their where would you go wish list. Then they could visit me, then go up the road to Marc's.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #12
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Marc,

Last time I was down your way I really enjoyed myself at Malaney - I love that little town, used to do IT work there for the schools... about 15 years ago. To me it was a nice balance of european lush and cool with out being a frozen hell zone.

That said, I'd move to Tasmania in a heart-beat if I could.

Paul.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:37 AM   #13
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You have a round trip ticket to anywhere in the world you want to go.

You have spending money, and transportation.

You have one month. You have no worries about kids, job, spouses, etc.

Where would you go and what would you do?

Me? I'm off to Australia

Watch out Marc, DrPLD, Nohmi2 and others!

I'd see the Great Barrier Reef, and snorkle.

What would YOU do?
You would be most welcome, and we would have a ball. We also have a mutual friend who may be coming next year (we live in hope).

We could also show 'em that Grandmas also can be 'glam'.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:51 AM   #14
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
I also want to be teleported to destinations.

All of the great museums around the Meditteranean is a given.

I want to sit on Masada again at sunset. Do the Greek islands again. Be terrified on a donkey on Santorini again. Get sick in Portugal again!! There are too many 'agains' that I want to do to name.

Then lastly, just mooch around the British Museum with time to spare.

Yep! That's it.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:57 AM   #15
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
You've picked a great place DG. And the reef is my all time favourite destination.

I loved it in Oz so much I've just emigrated to Sydney from the UK.

For a trip, I would be struggling. If I'm interested somewhere my OH has usually been and vice versa.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote