Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
After 7.40 author sort for Kindle no longer works

Hello,

Since upgrading to 7.40 the author display/sort isn't working like it used to, and I cannot get it to display 'first name last name' and sort by last name on my Kindle.

In metadata:
Author: last name, first name
Author Sort: last name, first name
Displays:last name| first name
Sorts:last name

Author: first name last name
Author Sort: last name, first name
Displays:first name last name
Sorts:first name

In all previous version I've used, the first arrangement above resulted in displaying 'first name last name' and sorting by last name. I can't seem to make that happen anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

-M

Last edited by runtmms; 01-15-2011 at 07:39 PM.
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:26 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
This is caused by a regression in 0.7.39/40 that is fixed in the next release. Either revert to 0.7.38 or add a plugboard that changes the '|' character to a comma. I recommend the former.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What is the best way for me to revert? I have the original 7.38 install file. Do I need to uninstall 7.40, do a clean install and rebuild my library? Is there an easier way?

Thanks,

-M
Old 01-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Uninstall 7.40, then reinstall 7.38. Nothing else should be necessary. Between those two releases, your library will work as it is -- no re-adding of books.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
runtmms
Connoisseur

All reverted with no problems. Thanks.

-M
Advert