Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Not able to update to Softroot 2.4.1

I've followed all the instructions, and have even done this on my nook, well I'm trying to do the same to my wife's.

I have 1.0.0 firmware on the unit, but it will NOT launch, it goes from checking for updates, to re-boot, and back to 1.0.0

Could my external SD Card not be formatted right?

Thanks!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I've followed all the instructions, and have even done this on my nook, well I'm trying to do the same to my wife's.

I have 1.0.0 firmware on the unit, but it will NOT launch, it goes from checking for updates, to re-boot, and back to 1.0.0

Could my external SD Card not be formatted right?

Thanks!
Query: do you have any non-Microsoft machines that have touched the SD card? Reason I ask is that I have seen almost exactly the same scenario WRT SD cards and the CoolER. The problem came down to this: Most if not all "preformatted" SD cards come with FAT16 or so but more importantly, there is no proper partition table on the disc; its like they slammed the FAT partition onto the disc w/o doing the low-level stuff first. Because Microsoft basically ignores this, most apps that expect FAT on the SD card (or USB key or...) don't either and some even depend upon that to work. CoolER with Linux on-board even) was just such a beast. I needed to up the firmware on it but if I had a device that I have set up a proper partition table on for FAT and then formatted the partition and then put the firmware on, it would fail to boot the CoolER even though all Windows boxen could read it and all non-Windows boxen could say "Yep, its FAT16 (or whatever)". If I just bought a pre-formatted one from the corner store, slapped the firmware on that it was good to go....
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
The SD card I was using was from my Phone. I ended up using the one from my nook, and just put it in my wifes and that seemed to work.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
The SD card I was using was from my Phone. I ended up using the one from my nook, and just put it in my wifes and that seemed to work.
Yes in order for the sd card to work with the Nook it has to be formated as Fat 16. Any other format is not recognized. Most of the sd cards used in cell phones are fat 32 or ext. I don't know what Apple uses.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote