Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
eping
ePub Maker
eping began at the beginning.

Device: iPad,Kindle 3, Nook 2
Post Clean and compress HTML before making ebook

Many ebook producers collect resources from web pages. But lots of work is still needed to compose these raw meterials into an elegant ebook.

Here, I would like to recommend a small tools,
HTML Page Cleaner 2.2
This tool is designed for collected web pages. You can clean up the pages by removing all useless elements, from javascript, forms to weblinks.

I ever made some news collection for our company from some certain site.
The result really looks like a book, at least much better than sending these webpages directly to my manager.
I also made some chm ebook for myself from wikipedia and other website I am interested in. I made my own ebooks, fairly good.
So if you have a hobby of collecting information from web, you can try this tool before compiling them.

This tool can be downloaded from www.htmlcleaner.com or by searching in download.com.
I'm still using MS HTML Help WorkShop as chm compiler which can also be downloaded from download.com.
Clean the webpages, then compile them, it's an easy way to make your ebook more professional.

At last, please do not publish you ebook by collecting copyright-protected web pages.
eping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
There is also a plugin for MS Word from Microsoft that can be set to various levels of strippage. I generally set it to strip out almost everything, resulting in a file with no styles or cruft, beyond headings, bold and italic.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
There is also a plugin for MS Word from Microsoft that can be set to various levels of strippage. I generally set it to strip out almost everything, resulting in a file with no styles or cruft, beyond headings, bold and italic.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Where can we get this plugin and does it work for Word 2003?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
eping
ePub Maker
eping began at the beginning.

Device: iPad,Kindle 3, Nook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Where to download? the url? thanks.
eping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
KoopaOne
Austrian Bookworm
KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4
Can't find this plugin either.
I am doing the stripping with notepad++ and regular expressions. Would be nice to have a faster way ...
KoopaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert