Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #46
Toeknee
Enthusiast
Toeknee began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Actually , "Pez" might be copyrighted, but PEZ isnt' Not as an acronym. I highly doubt that you can copyright an acronym.
Actually, PEZ has sued in the past over copyright infringement:

http://laughingsquid.com/pez-suing-b...z-memorabilia/
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #47
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
I suppose if the Pez company wanted to get technical, but adding periods such as P.E.Z. should clear it up.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #48
Belgrave
Belgrave began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Here's a quick startup/shutdown screen idea. I did the best I could using the logos from the website.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	startup2.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	421.4 KB
ID:	37502  
Belgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Maybe if you called it the PEZPro.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #50
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
You did wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrave View Post
Here's a quick startup/shutdown screen idea. I did the best I could using the logos from the website.

Your design is wonderful and really gets the point across. I am sending it on to our Head Tech.

Actually, ALL of the submissions are SO incredible!! You all have great talent!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #51
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Yes, I knew I had seen that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toeknee View Post
Actually, PEZ has sued in the past over copyright infringement:

http://laughingsquid.com/pez-suing-b...z-memorabilia/
Dear Toeknee:

I thought that I had read where PEZ sued over infringement. They guard their name very carefully. I want to stay clear of them. Love their candy, though!! Grew up with every PEZ dispensor you can imagine,
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:47 AM   #52
lilygunmetal
lilygunmetal began at the beginning.

Device: Astak PocketPro - Slate Blue
here are some images i made.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	startup.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	37518   Click image for larger version

Name:	shutdown.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	37519  
lilygunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #53
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Idea for Robert's contest

I'm am hopeless on the graphics parts, but great on ideas. (I used to work with an artistic type and we had a great partnership going, however....)

If any of you artistic types want to try this idea, feel free....

Opening: Books flying around caught up in a vortex, like a tornado, being drawn down into a Pocket Pro at the bottom.

Closing: Pocket Pro at the bottom and words flying out in a starburst from it.

Like I said, I have ideas, just not the ability to carry it out.......

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:47 AM   #54
mav86
mav86 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak eb 06 ez reader
Hello! I am new to the group. Attached are the startup and shutdown photos I made today!

Changed them to jpg.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Boot.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	37578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shutdown.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	37579  

Last edited by mav86; 10-17-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Changing attachements.
mav86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #55
Joe999
Joe999 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ-Reader Pocket Pro
Here is my start up. It is pretty basic. I put my picture on it so that if it is ever stolen the theif will have to look at my smiling face until they figure out how to change it. Who knows, if it turns up in a pawn shop may they will actually call me to return it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ezreader startup page.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	37561  
Joe999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #56
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav86 View Post
Hello! I am new to the group. Attached are the startup and shutdown photos I made today!
If you change your images to JPEG's they will show up as thumbnails for us.

AJ

BTW, welcome to the forum. I noticed that was your first post.

Last edited by AJ Starr; 10-17-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:29 PM   #57
AJ Starr
Guru

Come on, people, any more customized pages you want to show?
Old 10-22-2009, 03:49 AM   #58
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur
UchihaNaru is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Took the idea from Chiron and made a new start up page ^^
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Startup2.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	37808  
UchihaNaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #59
lilygunmetal
lilygunmetal began at the beginning.

Device: Astak PocketPro - Slate Blue
Here are some more i've done.

Name:	startup3.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	37866

Name:	startup4.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	37867

Name:	shudtdown3.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	37868
lilygunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #60
AJ Starr
Guru

nice artistic eye, I'm jealous....

AJ