Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #166
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
...or maybe she just likes playing in cardboard boxes. she wouldn't be the only one.
I can relate, somewhat, to michel.

I remember going through that stage in my life, but not at 45-yrs-old (which I am presently!). It was more like at 8-12 yrs old and fascinated me to no end when my parents purchased large appliances/furniture that came in those over-sized boxes. We used them as forts/club houses for days/weeks.

Thank goodness there was no recycling back then.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #167
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
...or maybe she just likes playing in cardboard boxes. she wouldn't be the only one.
God, I loved playing with/in/under boxes when I was a kid! Forget toys. Just give us a couple big boxes and were good for hours.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #168
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i like a man who can admit he likes playing in cardboard boxes.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #169
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I once had a grandiose plan to fill our basement with flats of cardboard hanging from the beams overhead, in effect creating a changeable maze of boxes. Ah, those were the days.... (I believe I was 12 at the time.)

I think it's too bad this fellow felt he had to abandon his cardboard tube when he got the box, though. I see some real potentials for synergy there.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #170
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
God, I loved playing with/in/under boxes when I was a kid! Forget toys. Just give us a couple big boxes and were good for hours.
When I was about 5 I use to sneak into my sisters room and steal the Barbie doll shoes she had and then chew on them because they were made of a nice chewy plastic, like the little end-nubbins of Bic pens.

Oh, shit! Did I say that you loud?! Oh, crap, I hope pshrynk doesn't come 'round. If he sees this and looks at me, chin in hand, nodding his head knowingly, why I WILL JUST DIE!

Cheers,
Marc (act normal act normal act normal act normal act normal...)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #171
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
When I was about 5 I use to sneak into my brother's room and steal the Barbie doll shoes he had and then...
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #172
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
When I was about 5 I use to sneak into my sisters room and steal the Barbie doll shoes she had and then chew on them because they were made of a nice chewy plastic, like the little end-nubbins of Bic pens.

Oh, shit! Did I say that you loud?! Oh, crap, I hope pshrynk doesn't come 'round. If he sees this and looks at me, chin in hand, nodding his head knowingly, why I WILL JUST DIE!

Cheers,
Marc (act normal act normal act normal act normal act normal...)
Uh huh. And how do you feel about that. <<places chin in hand, nods, and frowns slightly to emulate giving a crap.>>

(Once you can fake sincerity, everything else is easy.)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:18 AM   #173
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
...emulate giving a crap.>>
Emulate giving a crap? Well, you're clearly fully qualified for my previous job too (IT Project Management).

Now, can you tell me what all my problems are and how to fix them all and please do it for free?

(That last sentence...you get that in my ex-line of work - because it has "IT" in its name - from friends, family and neighbours.)

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #174
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
"IT Project Management" -- Good to see that you have left the games of childhood behind.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #175
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Did I say that you loud?!
No. But you typed it into the editor and pressed submit reply!
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #176
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
i like a man who can admit he likes playing in cardboard boxes.
The only problem I have with that is finding boxes that are big enough for me to play in.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #177
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
So that's why we're stuck playing with houses!

Once in a while I build a geodesic dome out of cardboard. My wife hates them, she thinks they're ughly. Maybe I'll buy me a piece of a woodlot somewhere and build me a geodesic dome in the trees. Now that's a kid's dream.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #178
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
"IT Project Management" -- Good to see that you have left the games of childhood behind.
I "retired" (was retired?) from IT Project Management last year, to return to my true love: the games of childhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
No. But you typed it into the editor and pressed submit reply!
Yes, but, you know those people that can't read without mouthing the words? That's how I type, but LOUD. You should have been able to hear this before I hit "Submit reply".

Cheers,
Marc (stocking up on after dinner Barbie shoes)
Old 05-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #179
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
... Yes, but, you know those people that can't read without mouthing the words? That's how I type, but LOUD. You should have been able to hear this before I hit "Submit reply".

Cheers,
Marc (stocking up on after dinner Barbie shoes)
But can you type without moving your lips?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caramel, chickens, clouds of enlightenment, cockroaches, monsters, sleep, texas, unutterable silliness