Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #241
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
@davidfor
O.k. Thanks! Yes, it's exactly as you supposed: I have changed various times the driver settings, in order to test the Extended Pugin. But where are the options of creating covers in the driver? The Create Cover Plugin, for example?

Well, I'll try it again (with the 1.3.3 version). I wish me good luck!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #242
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@BobC: Could you try validating the .kepub.epub file in Sigil? The errors might show why the Glo rejected the file. .....
I thought the original EPUB was clean but there were some odd errors (not ones I would have thought would give a major problem though). I cleaned those up and tried again initially with no sucess. That's waht comes of having the same book in a few different places on your P.C.

Eventually, after uploading a pure EPUB and then deleting that on the device (not using Calibre) I was able to upload the .kepub.epub and it worked.

So I'm not sure what went on with that file but clearly not related to the "single text line" Issue I originally mentioned.

Any manipulation of the .kepub.epub in Sigil took a heck of a long time, I left it to validate for half a hour so don't know how long it actually took, but switching from code view to book view on some chapters could take a few minutes, not something I had encountered before.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #243
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
It's odd that a single line XML block causes issues. It's a perfectly legitimate way of minimizing the size of an XML document. It shouldn't matter anyway if a proper DOM structure is being built.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #244
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
It's odd that a single line XML block causes issues. It's a perfectly legitimate way of minimizing the size of an XML document. It shouldn't matter anyway if a proper DOM structure is being built.
To be clear it isn't causing issues when reading the book on the Glo, it's just that if you try to examine it with Sigil etc you just get a horrendously long line and trying to scroll horizontally is torturous compared with vertical scrolling.

I thought it was the long line that was causing the slow-down when changing view in Sigil.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #245
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy

Calibre 0.9.31; KT 2.5.2; KText. 1.3.3.

I tested the new version and put special attention to the bookmark behaviour. I tried several books, and everything worked fine - except the two books (two volumes of the same book) that drove me crazy from the very beginning of the plugin. Seems to be on the book format itself.

Cover issues remained.
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #246
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are these books you're able to send me?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #247
krkrskiafkono
krkrskiafkono began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
First of all: You (and of course davidfor also) are doing a great job with this driver.

But the hyphenation feature is, in case of the Aura HD, still not working. Hyphenated text still becomes "splattered".

It's too bad because the built-in Kobo-hyphenation, at least for german text, sucks.
krkrskiafkono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #248
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

The hyphenation display is a known issue caused by hyphenating a KePub file. Any fix will unfortunately have to wait for either Kobo or the company behind the ACCESS renderer used by Kobo.

One thing that sometimes works is to change your justification to "Off". I find that using justification sometimes makes some issues appear worse.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #249
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
@davidfor
O.k. Thanks! Yes, it's exactly as you supposed: I have changed various times the driver settings, in order to test the Extended Pugin. But where are the options of creating covers in the driver? The Create Cover Plugin, for example?
The options are on the driver configuration dialog. There are three: "Upload covers for books", "Upload Black and White covers" and "Keep cover aspect ratio".

Choosing any will get the driver to create cover images on the device. The covers are created in three sizes. The first option will stretch the image to fill the space where the cover is displayed on the device. The last option means they will be sized so they are not stretched.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #250
ne0rmatrix
Enthusiast
ne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: kobo Aura HD,Apple Ipad Mini,Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4,LG G4
Just wanted to say I love this plugin. I have the Kobo touch and just bought the Aura HD 2 days ago.

Just in time yesterday as I was about to copy library I found your updated plugin 1.3.3 and it works beautifully for my ebooks.

I have about 1300 I transferred at one time. Took 45 minutes for plugin to start copying ebooks. Actual transfer was quick. No complaints and have had zero issues with the updated version.
ne0rmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:12 AM   #251
Leonatus
Wizard

@jgoguen:
The books are possible to be sent. but: Am I blind? How do I attach files to a Private Message?
Sorry for my ignorance!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:27 AM   #252
Leonatus
Wizard

@davidfor:
Ah, very interesting! In fact, some of the covers that I built for myself, are getting too much stretched when they appear on the screen of the device, so that the natural ratios (f. e. of a face) get confused. Maybe those options can help to resolve the problem, at least taking the Generate Cover plugin to clean up remaining problems!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #253
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes, if you have a long and skinny cover or a square cover image, it is worthwhile trying the two cover sending options and looking at how they display. I'd also send the book as a plain epub without the options as an extra datapoint.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:41 AM   #254
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
@jgoguen:
The books are possible to be sent. but: Am I blind? How do I attach files to a Private Message?
Sorry for my ignorance!
You can't attach files to a PM, you will need to upload the books to a file sharing service (such as Box.net, Dropbox, Copy.com, SpiderOak, Microsoft SkyDrive, or many others) and send me the public link to the files. How to get the public link is different for each service.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #255
Leonatus
Wizard

O.k. I'll check that. Bt it seemes we're jumping the rails of this thread.

Edit: This was relative to davidfor's point.

Last edited by Leonatus; 05-24-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Tags
error, kobo aura one