Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Kennyr
Kennyr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Solid orange light

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with my wifes NEW Vox, it has a solid orange light on the top of the e-reader, it has been charging for 3-4 hours now, with no change in the light or no battery statues bar. I tried the reset with no luck, i can get to the update page and i keep getting the "tablet upgrade error" i can not turn off the tablet at all, if i leave the tablet for any length of time it will go to sleep and i can not turn it on again unless i take the back cover off an reset then i go thru the same cycle again. Any help will be great.

Thanks Kenny
Kennyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Did you try the System Update from within the Settings>About Kobo eReader menu? When you said a reset, are you meaning the take off the back press the little black button thing?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Go to All Apps and try the Update Firmware app. Worked for me when my vox was behaving like that after the last vox update. Good luck.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
Kennyr

I tried everything that was suggested on the site, i can't get past the set up screen, right after the WI FI. I was in contact with tech support and i have to return the Vox, i'm not to happy about that but i will try a new one.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
Kennyr

I received a new VOX and it works awesome. Thanks everyone who gave me suggestions.

Kenny
Advert