Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
revink
revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: onyx boox m92
brand new m92 onyx boox questions

Hi, this is my first post I apologize in advance if I'll make some mistake in where to post these questions.
I just received yesterday a m92 onyx book bought through the ereader-store.de and I have already spent some time on it, and I have a few questions, I would love if you could answer to them or address me to threads who deal with these issues.

Pdf reader
1) first of all I downloaded the updates I found on this forum, but while of the firmware I can check the version and know if the latest one as been installed, how can I perform the same check on pdf?
2) when I highlight the text (_Annotations_AddAnnotation) the highlight is solid black, and it gets quite hard to read the text underneath, is there a way to change the color of the annotation to a dark/light gray? Also to have a hierarchy of the annotations?
3) similar as 2, is there a way to underline the text but not with the sketch tool, but to get the neat underline you get when you do it in a digital format by selecting the words?

Dictionaries
4) I downloaded some dictionaries and as the thread was saying I created the dict folder and I can see all of them when I click in Dictionaries. But when I select a word in the pdf reader I have two problems:
4a) the word itself is not shown in the dictionary box, just the definition, and sometimes it refers to another word if that is not present, I have to enlarge the windows to see if it matches
4b) I can see only a dictionary at the time in the box while it would be nice to have alltogether all the definitions from a predefined set of dictionaries I have selected
4c) I am not completely sure how to set as default one dictionary instead of another and by the way, are there dictionaries who also have a recorded spell of the terms?

Internet browser
5) I tried to access to my gmail or other pages (even the wiki page), and I know that it can take time to load a page, but 9 times out of 10 the pages are not loaded at all, even after 10 minutes of waiting. Is it normal or has the device some problems? Are there fixes for the browser apart from the one in the firmware update?

6) Lastly, the manual on the device is quite tiny, is there an extended version somewhere?

Sorry for the many questions, I really love this device but I would like to make the most of it, thank you in advance for every answers.

cheers
V.
revink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #2
revink
revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

and..

and some other few notes:

images
7) when I visualize images at full screen, is there a way to see the name of the file as well (sometimes I skim through many images and the name displayed somewhere would help, like a title of a picture)
7b) zoom 2 points and selection zoom seem not to work when I perform it on pictures, it just freezes
7c) can I change the contrast of images (not in pdf)

main menu
8) is there a way to put a folder (like my book folder) in the main menu when I turn on the device?

Many thanks again!
V.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Many questions !
6) There is no other manual, the current manual is out of date.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
1) To know if you have the latest pdf - check the changes in features, for this read some of the comments in the Firmware thread posted after the release of respective updates
2) No, annotation has single color only. Also you have list of annotations.
3) No
4a) That's a shortcoming in some dictionaries. While Other dictionaries repeat the word twice (so there won't be any problem with these) ..you can find more dictionaries at torrents.
4b) you will have to learn how to edit startdict dictionaries
5) It works much better as an eink monitor. Try that ..i mainly use it that way
7) Don't know much about images but i try to know the name of file by numerical numbers shown at the bottom of image viewer
8) Not possible but you have shortcut feature
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
revink

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Regarding the pdf reader I think I'll try to ask developers if it is possible to implement the highlight with different color / underline tool. It gets a bit messy with the pencil lines if you have to underline long texts. The requests / suggestions are made through wiki aren't they?

Internet not working is a bit annoying even if I know that it is mainly an ebook reader it would be nice to check with it just the mail or read the first page of a newspaper website if there is a wireless connection.

Images zoom might be bug, contrast and name might be something else to ask.

And yes a more extended manual will be really good, especially for newbie like me.

Thanks again

V.

Tags
browser, dictionaries, pdfreader