Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #346
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Probably better off surging Bliss assets for a couple of cycles, or selling and re-buying stuff if you have no space left on your grid and can still afford it.
When doing so, be sure to sort assets by the amount of bliss added when you buy them - buy the ones that increase it the most.

At lower levels, otherwise you can sort by amount $$/cycle, when filling squares (after projects are done).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #347
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
If you'd be so kind ...
i'm out of a deeper hole, but itching to level up. And that hits my energy... But I'll get lot more surge points to use on reactors.

Sent all my pop to MegaMan
Thanks. All my bliss were sent your way.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #348
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
Anyone have Energy or Bucks to spare? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by theenframed; 05-04-2012 at 11:51 AM.
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #349
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
When doing so, be sure to sort assets by the amount of bliss added when you buy them - buy the ones that increase it the most.

At lower levels, otherwise you can sort by amount $$/cycle, when filling squares (after projects are done).
Another tip for lower levels is actually to buy a city core, place it along the edge with a couple of Population assets to keep it from surging those. You might not get as good a yield as with dedicated Bliss/Energy assets, but on the other hand your 4+ surge points give you a yield of everything all at once (besides Pop, one hopes), which can help you catch up a bit more incrementally, but boost your overall resources at the same time so your freehold is in better shape and not trading, say, a Bliss deficit for an Energy one if you concentrate on just fixing just one at a time.

Anyway, sent some stuff to theenframed which hopefully helps out, and all my Bliss are belong to travger now.

Not-quite-randomly redistributed gifts for stuff I'm not using (only cashing in Bucks at the moment since I've been buying/rearranging better assets and occasionally reciprocal-allying, but it's nowhere near an urgent need, since I get about 1/3rd of a million per day and my freehold* has rather large surpluses for everything else).

* My tiny population is well-fed, well-protected, and has energy enough to keep them going for a very long time, and so blissful they're probably totally stoned, which is oddly appropriate since BC is supposed to produce the best bud in the world, according to people with greater experience in these matters than me.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #350
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I think leveling up worked. My low-bliss cost was already 0, leveling gave me opportunity to surge more reactors and at higher yield + 80K+ bliss.

So thank you all for getting me this far. I'll sit on my hoard for a while, but if someone else is in need, feel free to pipe up! If all is well after few cycles, you'll start getting bliss from me again.

Sadly, no energy or bucks this round. Have some food and military though (and lots of bliss).
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #351
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
Do someone need bliss or military?
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #352
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNightshadow View Post
Do someone need bliss or military?
No bliss for me but military would be welcome.
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #353
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I have 1500 bliss to give away in the next couple of hours.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #354
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
I have solved my energy problem for now. Thanks for the gifts!
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #355
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Does anybody know how whacks are calculated? When I reduce bliss, does the whack numbers change or is it based on the data at the start of the cycle?

For example, if it takes % of bucks, then I can go and join somebody to cut the bucks.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #356
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Does anybody know how whacks are calculated? When I reduce bliss, does the whack numbers change or is it based on the data at the start of the cycle?
There are several different types of whacks; the majority seem to be "spend 1% of your Bliss in Military to pay off." Some are 5% of Bliss; some are 1% of your Bucks; some are ... other things. And the code is actively changing every day, so if they think of more options, they'll do those.

Currently all Whacks cost military; how much varies, and what happens if you don't pay them off varies (but it tends to be much more expensive than the military hit.)
Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #357
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
they are calculated on the fly. if you change your ressources the percentaged change too
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #358
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I'm planning on selling off some older assets & picking up a few Doctor's Offices and Biomass Duplication Ovens to be able to get pop in values I can safely cover. And I'm sure I'll eventually hit the Cryocombs (2750 pop!) but I'm not that bold yet.
I leveled that back at level nine for 4125 population, which gives me something like a 60k energy hit. Unfortunately that leaves me a little in the negative when I surge 4 level 13 thorium reactors which give me 12300 energy each. I just placed an antimatter reactor town in a corner, I wonder if I should put another one in a quick surge corner and do smaller population jumps.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #359
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I leveled that back at level nine for 4125 population, which gives me something like a 60k energy hit. Unfortunately that leaves me a little in the negative when I surge 4 level 13 thorium reactors which give me 12300 energy each. I just placed an antimatter reactor town in a corner, I wonder if I should put another one in a quick surge corner and do smaller population jumps.
I believe you can't put towns in quick charge squares.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #360
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I believe you can't put towns in quick charge squares.
that's right you cannot. I tried already too.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote