Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
xristy
Connoisseur
xristy doesn't litterxristy doesn't litterxristy doesn't litter

Device: iPad
implementing search in iPDF?

I haven't seen a discussion of the issues relating to implementing search in iPDF or in the mobipocket reader.

I'm assuming that the reason that there is no search in these applications is that it would run too slow and would use up the battery too quickly to make it a usable feature.

Have I got it right or is there some other issue(s)?

Thanks
xristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
The mobipocket reader isn't open-source, but the iPDF reader is. FBReader has search within books, and it works just fine, so I would think this feature could be added to iPDF -- at least for "text" PDFs. The only way to make "image" pdfs searchable is to OCR them, as far as I know.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #3
xristy
Connoisseur
xristy doesn't litterxristy doesn't litterxristy doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Thanks. I'll look at search in iPDF. I have many text PDFs that I would like to search for research and reference. A friend of mine is using an iLiad for viewing briefs and depositions and really needs search there.

Is anyone doing a version for 2.11 that removes the processor scaling or is adding other functionality? I'd rather start with the most up-to-date version possible.
xristy is offline   Reply With Quote