Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #136
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
A five inch screen is a lovely size for a reader, mind you I was used to the smaller screen on my old pocketpc.
It depends upon what your needs are. I've found myself reading on a 3.2" screen simply because that's what I stuffed into my pocket. For a lot of books, I'm okay with that. For other books though, I wouldn't want anything less than my 10.1" tablet.

One of the amazing things available with modern devices are the options available to us. When I started reading ebooks, I couldn't imagine anything beyond ASCII on a 14" monitor. Now I have the choice between a device that fits comfortably in my pocket, with a high resolution screen that can display sophisticated typography; a device that fits snugly in my pocket, that works outdoors and runs for days on end without a recharge; as well as a large format device that can handle books with sophisticated formatting that fits in my bag. On all of those devices, obtaining books is much easier and the options available are much richer.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #137
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
It depends upon what your needs are. I've found myself reading on a 3.2" screen simply because that's what I stuffed into my pocket. For a lot of books, I'm okay with that. For other books though, I wouldn't want anything less than my 10.1" tablet.

One of the amazing things available with modern devices are the options available to us. When I started reading ebooks, I couldn't imagine anything beyond ASCII on a 14" monitor. Now I have the choice between a device that fits comfortably in my pocket, with a high resolution screen that can display sophisticated typography; a device that fits snugly in my pocket, that works outdoors and runs for days on end without a recharge; as well as a large format device that can handle books with sophisticated formatting that fits in my bag. On all of those devices, obtaining books is much easier and the options available are much richer.
True. But my first computer came with B&W TV converted to a monitor and a tape deck and somehow that was more exciting than anything I can buy today.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert