Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1913 Webster Dictionary for eReader?

Hi, all! I've looked high and low around the net without success.

I'm trying to find a .pdb version of the venerable 1913 Webster's Revised Unabridged dictionary. It's great for all the early public domain books, finding obscure words, or older definitions.

I was unable to do a .prc to .pdb in Calibre. (In over my head in that, anyway.)

One of my favorite ebook readers on my i-devices is eReader. It came with a Merriam-Webster pocket dictionary, which is very sparse, very lean, quite minimalist (not that many words, no etymology, etc.)

The 1913 Webster's dictionary was a classic and I'm hoping that someone, sometime converted into a format that eReader could use (i.e., a .pdb, Palm ebook file).
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's in our eBook library here at MR as a Mobipocket dictionary. Should work fine with the Kindle App.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, thanks, but will it work with eReader?! That will get me back into the labyrinth of doc conversions--and, so far, especially with dictionaries, that Minotaur gets me every time!
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote