Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Jodi Taylor series from Kobo, title & cover error

I read the first of this series, One Damned Thing After Another, from Kindle. I really enjoyed it and looked into getting the rest of the series. Checking Kobo's site, I saw book 2, "A Symphony of Echoes", and the short story, "When a Child is Born", but not the third, "A Second Chance". The Kobo books were eligible for promo coupons, so I bought them and planned to get the third one from Amazon. Today I opened what I thought was book 2 in my Kobo app. It opened up to the cover page which showed "A Second Chance", which is the third volume. So in the library and at the Kobo website, the book appears to be book 2 but is actually book 3.

Just an FYI to anyone else purchasing this series. I've notified Kobo.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
I bought it just after it's release but haven't checked it. So I'm going to check right away. Thanks for letting us know.

I've been in touch with Jodi Taylor through Twitter once already, so I can contact her again if no one did it yet.

Edit: you're right. When I look at the book in Calibre, the cover is the one of the third book in the series. And the contents match that.

Last edited by samhy; 03-26-2014 at 04:11 PM.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
I bought the 2nd volume from Amazon today. I'm glad I noticed this, but even if I had ended up with 2 copies of the same e-book, Amazon is good about issuing refunds.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was in touch with Kobo through Live assistance (but they should already know since 49Kat notified them).

They agree that there was a mistake between the cover in the store and the book one is actually buying so they'll get in touch with the publisher.

I guess it will be safe to buy A Symphony of Echoes (#2) and A Second Chance (#3) when both of them will be available. That way it should mean that the issue no longer exists.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:48 AM   #5
samhy
Wizard

Now the three ebooks, and the Christmas special one, seem to be available at Kobo. However I can't buy the second one since it's already in my library and I won't buy the third one since I actually already have it.
I'll wait for the Live Assistance to open so I can see if my library can be updated (me having the third one) or I'll get a refund as they offered me and I'll buy the second and third ebooks right away.

But maybe the issue isn't sorted yet and I'm getting of myself here.

I'll keep you posted

Edit: still not fixed. I'm checking that with previews.

Last edited by samhy; 04-12-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:45 AM   #6
samhy
Wizard

From the Kobo codes thread
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
If, by chance, it's the book called, "Just One Damn Thing After Another" we did that as a buddy read at the blog this past week--and I can tell you that the book 2 and 3 have been messed up for QUITE some time at Kobo. It's been reported and not fixed. Hopefully they will give you a refund because for some odd reason the author is unable to fix it. NO idea what is going on there. Maybe the person who originally rec'd and told me about the problem can chime in with an update...? Because it was a mobileread person...
I don't know if they were able to get a refund. I know the Kindle versions are reported to be okay.
I bought the second book again this week (first time was around March I think) and this is still the wrong book behind the right cover.
I've got in touch with the author who said she was going to see with the publisher (Accent Press UK). I tried to get in touch with the publisher through email and Twitter, to no avail so far.
This is a shame in my opinion because the story is quite nice and this is shining a bad light on it.
If you have the opportunity, maybe you can reach the author or publisher too?
Old 07-18-2014, 06:40 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Kobo forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #8
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
I have all of this series and according to my purchase history I bought book #3 'A second chance' on 11 Apr 2014. It is the correct book/correct cover from Kobo uk storefront. But book #2 says I only have the preview in my library - not the complete book although it is the whole book and not the preview. Weird - maybe it's a time travel thing!

ETA: There's a new short story available called Roman Holiday.

Last edited by Witty Username; 07-18-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote