Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #16
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post
I could benefit from having Mac eject issue fixed, though just pulling the plug hasn't seemed to hurt anything. Unsure about the 3rd issue, is it a big deal?
Actually I was quoting what doug38 posted, I did't speak with Aluratek support. I don't know what else was fixed and/or upgraded outside of what has been posted in this thread.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #17
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
In case anyone is interested version .17d is available now:

http://aluratek.com/media/downloads/...de-v.0.17d.zip

I haven't messed with it as of yet.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #18
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
My ALP which was purchased at FutureShop Ottawa, Canada in June 2010 came with FW 0.17, P v17.

PDF Text Flow on/off works as well as TOC (providing it is setup in the doc) Not all PDFs that show a TOC as part of the document means that it is defined or linked to work as an Interactive TOC.

As for ePub no TOC support.

ADE DRM ePub/PDF is supported.

As for the regular jetBook with the advent of new FW .35a

ADE DRM support was added by adding a new reader software as the user memory went down to 90.3 megs now.

This new reader software gives the JB

New - ADE DRM ePub/PDF support.
New - PDF now has Text Flow on/off support.
New - ePub now has active TOC support
New - ePub loss text size scaling via 6 step sizing - you now zoom
New - ePub loss Dictionary support as well as "Find" option.
Much better PDF support - like the ALP for viewing PDF on a small screen device.

There is a new jb fw .35g - I have not tried that yet.

I will update to ALP 17d to see if it adds TOC for ePub as the jb version did.

Note JB about for .35a while reading an ePub now has an "About .." listed under the fuction menu and it reads Adobe Systems Inc Version 9.0.26696

ALP under FE .17 gives no reader4 firmware version while reading an ePub.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #19
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Okay I am back from doing the Alp fw 17d update.

I do not see any obvious changes.

There is no new "About..." option.

ePub still works like it did before as well as PDF.

No new active TOC in ePub like I thought might occur.

No way of telling which Reader ADE level it is using.

I am able to get out and return to ebooks that have been opened before and return to the last page that they were exited at.

The Settings menu - System Settings - FW option now reflects S=v0.17d and P= v17.

That's it - I took snaps of the JB w/FW .35a and the ALP w/FW .17d side by side showing them displaying the same ebooks for ePub and PDF.

Anyone interested in seeing them email me I'll zip them and mail them to you.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #20
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I am a JBL guy myself, but some times I get the impression that some Libre owners
think that Aluratek and Ectaco share the same software development. As far as I
know they consider themselves competitors, and would not be sharing their firmware
developments. It would be nice for us if they did, but I doubt that is the case.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #21
Sinner3k
Enthusiast
Sinner3k began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, B&N Nook Classic, Pocket Edge, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I am a JBL guy myself, but some times I get the impression that some Libre owners
think that Aluratek and Ectaco share the same software development. As far as I
know they consider themselves competitors, and would not be sharing their firmware
developments. It would be nice for us if they did, but I doubt that is the case.

Luck;
Ken
I guess I kind of saw them as different divisions of the same company or something like that. If they WERE pooling resources, imagine what kind of great things we could come to expect.

Sinner3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #22
jlg432
Addict

My guess is that both companies went shopping ruffly at the same time for something inexpensive they could put out on the market. I guess an OEM company had these models already to go or in the planning.

Just like Sears they probably stated their criteria and the OEM company came through.

Not all companies have the resources to produce their own electronic devices.

John

Last edited by jlg432; 07-14-2010 at 06:59 PM.