Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #1
velde046
velde046 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/ipad/tablet
Question Sort plugin or update content.opf

Calbre is driving me crazy at the moment, but maybe I'm expecting it to be able too much.
Here's my problem, in Calibre I have all my books sorte by [lastname, first name] and they are sorted that way too, so both field are the way I want them. Now I discovered that in the content.opf there is also mention of the author and in there it still is set to [firstname lastname]. ANd thus are they imported incorrectly on my reading device and showing up sorted by first name while I so much prefer last name.
I have tried using the Modify EPUB plugin to replace metadata but that didn't work.
Is there ANY way where I can update the content.opf of a file and put the author name in it as [last name, first name]?
velde046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
Here's my problem, in Calibre I have all my books sorte by [lastname, first name] and they are sorted that way too, so both field are the way I want them. Now I discovered that in the content.opf there is also mention of the author and in there it still is set to [firstname lastname].
If you update the metadata the content.opf file will reflect the author and author sort from your library.

An example (before I ran Modify ePub):
Code:
<dc:creator opf:file-as="Card, Orson Scott" opf:role="aut">Card, Orson Scott</dc:creator>
An example (after I ran Modify ePub):
Code:
<dc:creator opf:file-as="Card, Orson Scott" opf:role="aut">Orson Scott Card</dc:creator>
You can see my Author field is the default [firstname lastname].

Quote:
I have tried using the Modify EPUB plugin to replace metadata but that didn't work.
The Modify ePub plugin will update the ePub using the fields you have set. If you don't believe it is working for you then you should post in the Modify Epub thread and ask for help troubleshooting your work process/setup for possible problems.

Quote:
Is there ANY way where I can update the content.opf of a file and put the author name in it as [last name, first name]?
Either do an ePub to ePub conversion or use the Modify ePub plugin. Both of these processes will work and I just tested the Modify ePub plugin 1.2.5 in calibre 0.8.56 and it works for me as expected.

Do you have the most recent update of Calibre and the latest Modify ePub plugin?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-17-2012 at 05:10 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
content.opf, first name, last name, sorting