Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
JonnyG
JonnyG began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Widgets

First of all I am not sure of the correct terminology so bare with me, but of course CM7 rooted NC is what I have.

Over on XDA forum there are some really nice screen shots of folks NC's.

My question is how do you get "added" information along with your widgets? For example there is a bible quote app they I got from market and I have it on one of my screens. Simple enough, click and you get the daily quote and some of other stuff. However I saw somebody's screen print where the app widget was on one of their NC pages and the daily quotes was also right their next to the widget. Meaning you didn't even have to click on the widget to go to the app and get the quote.

My guess is this has something to do with available widgets for certain apps.

Another example I saw was a widget for a reader where on the NC page, next to the widget is showed the last page read and the last day read. I guess this is a similar concept to weather widgets.

Am I on the right trail here? If so how do you find available widgets for apps that you might have or be interested in?

Thx
JonnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
It might not be what you're asking, but to see what widgets you have available with your existing apps, longpress an open area of one of your homescreens and select "Widgets" from the context menu.

That "last read" widget came from the Kobo reader app.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert