Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
sydney
sydney began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle,Nook
How many versions of the OS do I need to test?

Does anyone have an idea of how many users use 2.x vs 3.x Kindle software? Do users tend to upgraded their software? I'm trying to get a good feel for which platforms on which I need to test to distribute eBooks and in the future simple games. I tested on my neighbor's 2.x and whatever Kindlegen spit out doesn't present as well as it does on a Kindle 3. So that raised the question. How many OS's should I be testing?
sydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
kdgarris
Connoisseur
kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
It seems to me that it makes sense to at least test on 2.x, since there are still plenty of people with Kindle 2s that don't seem in any hurry to upgrade. Just my opinion, though.
kdgarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
market, operating system, users, version