Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-24-2015, 10:37 PM   #541
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaufel View Post
The new ones stink - I liked the leather-looking ones on the old iBooks that came in all sorts of colors. I'd love to make something like that a default template.
@schaufel - try here ==>> [Custom Covers] Blanks, Templates . . .

Hopefully someone will drop by who will be able to address the other issues

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #542
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
I would really love to use this plugin, but I have a request: an option to make a bar of color behind the text. I put a lot of fanfiction on my iPad, and I use fanart, screenshots, or panels from comics as the cover images. I like the entire picture to be the cover, nut just an inset, but just plain text gets lost in the image. I've attached a few images to show what I mean. The first one, I made myself in Photoshop, and the second image I found on DeviantArt for an alternative look.

Also, I'd like to use just a generic-looking cover for fanfics where I can't find an appropriate piece of fanart, but my Google-fu is failing me. Does anyone know where I can find any sort of images like the old iBooks' generic covers? The new ones stink - I liked the leather-looking ones on the old iBooks that came in all sorts of colors. I'd love to make something like that a default template.

Thanks!
Generate Cover allows you to define many cover templates (image, font, size and placement)

What might be broken (if I am using it correctly) is on the Fonts tab

Fill color works. The letters change when you use the color picker on the right. (Font was Maroon)

Background. and Border. I am assuming this is for the text box
Nuttin. happens when I change those (I tried black with a white border)

I expected this would have given me Maroon Letters on a Black field, surrounded by a white line

I can do this with a CSS
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:00 PM   #543
schaufel
schaufel began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@schaufel - try here ==>> [Custom Covers] Blanks, Templates . . .

Hopefully someone will drop by who will be able to address the other issues

BR
Ahhh! That's exactly the kind of thing I've been searching two nights for and kept failing to find. Thank you!
schaufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:40 AM   #544
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Ahhh! That's exactly the kind of thing I've been searching two nights for and kept failing to find. Thank you!
@schaufel, also took me a while so find it, I made it a sticky at top of the main calibre forum.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote