Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
venkat3
venkat3 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
hightlighting text in a pdf?

Hello,

I know with acrobat reader there's a lot issues with highlighting/annotating text in a pdf, especially when document rights aren't enabled (which is the case in most pdfs i receive)! So, can someone confirm that the highlighting text in pdf's properly works with the PSR-600, even for pdf's with those specific "document rights disabled" (so that I don't have the same problem as in acrobat reader)?

I'm really interested in buying this Sony PSR-600 ebookreader, but highlighting and making annotations in pdf's is really a requirement for me! So I really want that I have no issues with highlighting text in pdf's!

Can someone confirm highlighting and making annotations will work in EACH pdf?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by venkat3; 04-22-2010 at 03:53 PM.
venkat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The Sony will read PDF's that are either non-DRM or adobe adept DRM.

As long as the PDF is text based and not based upon scanned images then you will be able to highlight/annotate/use dictionary.

If you live near a Sony store, Best Buy, Target or Borders store, take a SD card filled with various PDF's you wish to try and pop it in their display unit.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I would try out first, too.

But just another note: I think that the notes you make are not stored within the pdf itself. And it seems a bit cumbersome to get the notes out of the reader and processed on a pc. I think I read something like that, but didn't try myself yet.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote