Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 03:47 AM   #1
bojzi
bojzi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
International warranty and replacements (non-EU)

Hello, just wanted to share my experiences with international warranty and replacements.

I've received my Wi-Fi only Kindle yesterday and it had the "rattle" - a loose screw inside that rolls around when moving my Kindle.
I've immediately contacted Amazon over their contact form and reported my error.

They've replied that I have to call in for a replacement and I replied that it's too expensive for me to call in the USA (there's an option to get called if you're in one of the participating countries, Croatia's unfortunately not there) and they've said taht it's the only way.
So, instead of just burning through lots of money with a distance call, I've installed Skype and called their US toll-free number and guess what... IT WORKS.

The number I've called from Skype is 1-877-453-4512 and then had a pleasant chat with a fellow who ordered me a new Kindle.
FYI, if you're calling, please have at least 30 minutes because it does take some time to go through the procedure of reordering.

Now, the part that interested me the most were the expenses because the Kindle cost me:
$139 for Kindle,
$21 for shipping,
$70 for customs, taxes and UPS's partner here in Croatia
and, of course, I don't want to have to pay any of that again plus the additional charge of mailing the defective unit back in.

So, while talking with CS, I've asked about it and they said that they'll refund extra charges and I've got an email where they say it again. I just have to fax them the invoices about additional expenses (customs, taxes and shipping of the defective unit).

I hope everything is going to be as agreed and for now Amazon has several thumbs up (two just don't do it justice ).
bojzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:52 AM   #2
las^se
las^se began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - WiFi
I've got my replacement free of charge. I just sent back the old one with a prepaid slip printed from a link I got in an email.
las^se is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
bojzi
bojzi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Let me reiterate - Amazon CS rocks.

As agreed they've refunded me for shipping costs, VAT and taxes and everything.
Even though it is a royal pain to deliver to Croatia because of all this, they've done everything as agreed and I'm extremely satisfied. ^^
bojzi is offline   Reply With Quote