Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Kindle Fire font sizes

I don't find the Kindle Fire HD font size 10 big enough. On my Kindle DX my font sizes are nice and big. However, I make the font size 24 when I convert to Mobi on Calibre.

Can you tell me why Fire HD is ignoring this?

I have old eyes that need newer bifocals and I am not going to buy any new glasses anytime soon either since I still can't see with any bifocals to read well. Does anyone have a fix for sizing and font style on the Kindle Fire HD?

I am considering the Paperwhite again. I ordered one from Amazon won't be in till November 24. Best Buy near me doesn't have any. Anyway does the Paperwhite has issues too getting bigger size fonts? Guess I should post this in Paperwhite forum. Sorry I am frustrated.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I use Level 7 Helvetica on the Paperwhite. Level 8 is the largest font. I also have "old" eyes.

On the Kindle Fire 1st Gen I use Level 6 Georgia. Level 8 is the largest font there as well.

I won't receive my Fire HD 7" 32 Gb until Oct 25.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I use Level 7 Helvetica on the Paperwhite. Level 8 is the largest font. I also have "old" eyes.

On the Kindle Fire 1st Gen I use Level 6 Georgia. Level 8 is the largest font there as well.

I won't receive my Fire HD 7" 32 Gb until Oct 25.
So you have no trouble with the size font on the paperwhite then? Guess I will have to wait til I get my PW to know if it will be large enough font size or not.

Do you use Calibre to modify your books?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
No Calibre for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Do you use Calibre to modify your books?
I don't use Calibre at all. All my eBooks come from the Amazon Kindle Store and dwell on history, biography and war. I favor eBooks with the most pages - 700 or more.

Since I'm retired, reading, the PC and TV are my main time users.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote