Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
esc7
esc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Maximum number/lenght of highlighted parts

Hello
My question is about Kindle Touch
Is there a maximum number of characters that can be exported to the PC by one highlighted part or a limit on the maximum number of highlighted parts to be exported per document? My Sony-PRS-T1 has restrictions like these, that's why I'm asking (btw my question is about non-DRM books.
esc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

There is a limit (I've heard of people hitting it) but I'm not sure what that limit is. I think it's a percentage of the book.
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

I suspect they have a size limit for copyright purposes. Otherwise a person could copy the entire text of a book at one time and send it to their computer, which would totally negate the reason for having DRM. Publishers would probably get upset if Amazon allowed really large chunks of text to be copied at one time.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esc7 View Post
Hello
My question is about Kindle Touch
Is there a maximum number of characters that can be exported to the PC by one highlighted part or a limit on the maximum number of highlighted parts to be exported per document? My Sony-PRS-T1 has restrictions like these, that's why I'm asking (btw my question is about non-DRM books.
It's a per-book limit. If you use the tools to strip the DRM from Kindle ebooks, the clipping limit gets removed too.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote